CUSL2-C & 700@933 Temps.

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
OK, I've got a HUGE problem/discrepensy.....<(sp) I have a GlobalWin FOP32 on this chip running 933@default.......Asus probe says it's ussually at around 36C/96F....but the MB temp reads 26C/78F.......what's worse, I go into bios and while it reads the same on Chasis/mb temp., it reads around 58C CPU temp.! I KNOW this isn't normal, and something isn't right......I've taken it down and reapplied A/S now 4 times.....no difference.....I don't know what to do at this point! Any suggesstions? Not like I'm a &quot;novice&quot; I've built many T-Bird/Duron systems and never had this problem........this IS only my 4th Intel system, but, I also have a dual system running with same 700@933 chips with no problems.......I'm dumbfounded here........ :(

nnnyyy

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
I had a problem like that on my cusl2. You might want to try using motherboard monitor to check which one is right. When I was using an older version of probe, the temps were always wrong. After updating to the newest one, all the temps were the same (probe, motherboard monitor, and bios). It could also be an outdated bios. Hope that helps.

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
That's what I was hoping when I updated to 1006a &amp; the new probe.........still crazy numbers...I'm right now in the process of modding a PEP66 to have the delta on top and a slimline fan on the side.........we'll see......funny thing also.....it doesn't seem to matter if I'm at 933Mhz or 1050Mhz &amp; 1.85V........same temps everywhere......

Mikewarrior2

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 1999
1050 and 933 have the same temps? Even in windows?

Sounds like you may have a board with faulty temp monitoring....

Mike

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
That's what I'm thinking Mike......now......worry about it or not? (I took the chip out quickly after running with case open and bios said it was 155F......chip was COLD!) or.......go through the RMA hassle......:(

Mikewarrior2

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 1999
probably nothing to worry about, but do you have another heatsink around jsut to &quot;test&quot; it to verify that the temp reading may be wrong?

Mike

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
Duo! Should have put that in here.......Yeah......I actually went from a FOP32 to the PEP66 with no real change.......it looked better for about 2 - 3 minutes but then went right back up to the normal 96F - 104F under no load! Also, on a side note, what's really weird is this is all in a Tornado 2000 case with, well you know....a LOT of fans! The old T-Bird 1.2 I had in here didn't even run near this hot!

Mikewarrior2

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 1999
well, the t-bird socket-thermistor didn't read it to be as hot... The t-bird would run in the neighborhood of 2x the rise of ambient case temp of the p3 given the same heatsink.

Mike

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
Called Intel..........Their take......NO PROBLEM!!!! Hey, as long as it's below 80C it's well within the specifications! .............Yeah.......I don't THINK it's that hot anyway......but just wanted to get their view.......what a waste.......:disgust: Another great idea of mine......call Asus! Yeah, that's even MORE far fetched.....LOL!;)