CUSL2 700@933 Temp 49.5 C in Bios

soma2

Aug 11, 2000
I have a CUSL2 with a P3 700e o/c to 933. In the bios the cpu temp says 49.5 C. Is this an ok temp or is it too high? Also is it consider under load in the bios even thought the cpu isn't doing anything. Thanks in advance for replying.

Mike

jzodda

Apr 12, 2000
Thats mucho too high! In fact the release bios usually reports a lower temp than it really is. So I would take your Heatsink off and reseat it to make sure you are getting good contact, etc. Do you have thermal compound on the CPU? What Heatsink do you have? Whats your voltage? and Yes the bios reading is on Full Load.

Just for your reference, on Full load in the bios at 1.85V with alpha/Delta/Artic silver I was getting 35C with the correct reading off of beta 05. The release bios had me at 15C. The release bios was off for me by 20C.

soma2

Aug 11, 2000
I flashed the bios to 1002 = beta 5. Before it was around 25 C in the bios and 15 c with the Asus probe program. Voltage is at 1.65 the default, but the probe program (V. 2.12) says its running between 1.67 to 1.70. I didn't change the voltage when I overclocked. I have the golden orb heat sink and fan on there. There is a small bit of white thermal stuff under the golden orb. Pretty sure I got good contact cause it was rather hard to put on compared to retail h/f, but then again it was 3 in the morning :).

jzodda

Apr 12, 2000
Did you apply thermal compound to the CPU directly? You should if you have not. I honestly think you should reseat the whole thing and then check your temp again.

Good luck

Joe