Curse you Left 4 Dead!!!!!

gregoryvg

Jul 8, 2008
Why do you have to be soooooo good. You make everything else look boring in comparison. I long to come home after work just to play - and the wife is starting to rue the day I bought this game.

Nothing beats the rush of jumping off the warehouse in No Mercy and pouncing on a survivor for 25 points while you laugh and ravash the poor helpless fool while a boomer pukes on the others disabling them from helping.

Nothing beats the sastisfaction of being the smoker and snagging the straggling survivor before he can jump through the manhole into the sewer. I caught me a big one.

Nothing beats being the boomer and puking and exploding right on all 4 survivors as they aggro the witch or right as the tank approaches. That is truly an "OH SHIT" moment. I hate when it happens to me as a survivor.

Nothing is as satisfying as playing against another team that is equally matched to your team, and every map is an all our war to win, with neither side giving the other any advantage. Only the team that wants it more wins. The teamwork, cooperation and struggle are epic and fun.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Ahh the memories. That's how I felt the first couple weeks then it went downhill from there.

Miklebud

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
Originally posted by: zerocool84
Ahh the memories. That's how I felt the first couple weeks then it went downhill from there.

Ditto. I haven't played it since December...

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Yeah L4D is good stuff. Heres some more satisfying things:

Punting a survivor off the side of a building as the tank.

Pulling someone down off a ledge (especially the one near the petrol station) as a smoker, holding up the entire team unless they dont care about the guy being mauled.

Destroying the entire enemy team just outside the safe room at the start of no mercy subway chapter.

Going rambo and making it to the saferoom before everyone else, if they even make it alive.

Gigglinpig

Feb 18, 2009
I just got it this weekend, and am loving it. I can't get myself to play anything else!

However, I don't see any Anandtech servers in L4D even though I signed up for the group.

videogames101

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Miklebud

to both of you:

get friends to play it with

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
Originally posted by: videogames101

to both of you:

+1

Frodolives

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2001
There are a couple of guys that you can count on to remind us of their negative opinion, no matter how many topics of L4D come up. Months later I'm still enjoying this game, but I give their repetitive posts zero replay value.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Originally posted by: Rakewell
Originally posted by: videogames101

to both of you:

+1

But... but... I have no friends. :(

gregoryvg

Jul 8, 2008

Dude, I've had the game since early December '08, and it's only getting worse (better?) for me. My addiction is complete, along with my journey to the Dark Side.

I would love to play regularly with some good players, so add me to your friends list (not directed towards the person I just quoted):

Ste@med

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
Originally posted by: gregoryvg

Dude, I've had the game since early December '08, and it's only getting worse (better?) for me. My addiction is complete, along with my journey to the Dark Side.

I would love to play regularly with some good players, so add me to your friends list (not directed towards the person I just quoted):

Ste@med

You can add me to your friends list (Rakewell), if you wish.

I can't stop thinking about the game at work. I play almost every night.

My wife still isn't talking to me.

Rakewell

colonel

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2001
I got the same problem but with Biosock, i got it from Stream and can't stop it, the wife is upset already with coming late to bed. I was thinking about the L4Dead but.....

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
L4D is a great game it just doesn't have as much replay value as I woulda liked, and its not because of only four maps, its just the gameplay itself gets old.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Rakewell
Originally posted by: gregoryvg

Ste@med

You can add me to your friends list (Rakewell), if you wish.

I can't stop thinking about the game at work. I play almost every night.

My wife still isn't talking to me.

Rakewell

Make sure you guys join the AT L4D group.

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
Originally posted by: DeePee
guys add me, so fucking sick of playing with people i don't know nor have mics..

mindcrime69

steam cant find you...:confused: Im in as I'm_le_tired :D

ZzZGuy

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2006
Originally posted by: Maximilian
Yeah L4D is good stuff. Heres some more satisfying things:

Punting a survivor off the side of a building as the tank.

Pulling someone down off a ledge (especially the one near the petrol station) as a smoker, holding up the entire team unless they dont care about the guy being mauled.

Destroying the entire enemy team just outside the safe room at the start of no mercy subway chapter.

Going rambo and making it to the saferoom before everyone else, if they even make it alive.

I once chased a survivor doing just that on the map where it ends at the base of the hospital, as a hunter.

He made it into the safe room and shut the door JUST as I jumped in, after a few seconds of him running around I pounced on him and proceeded to rip his nipples off in peace and quiet. Then I was trapped in the safe room for a good 5 minutes until the other 3 survivors opened the door and put a buck shot in my head.

Then there was the subway map, my team (human) was soooooo bad, one must of been 9, another ran off and died, one was afk up until the end. I ended up going back into the safe room and locking myself in the closet typing "I'M NOT COMING OUT", with the shot gun pointed at the door. You can guess how that ended.

-edit- there is actually a video out of this happening to someone else on youtube.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
The every man for himself thing is hilarious! Except it gets boring once you stop laughing. I played with a few people who were friends, and the voice comments, insults and in-game actions had me crying.

Jules

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Whats up with the servers sometimes?

Hit me up on steam. I always have my headset on when i play. STEAM ID: TFSPIKE

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
yup, this is easily one of the most social games ever. If you don't have plenty of friends I can see the appeal wearing off fairly quick. None of my RL friends play and most of my previous online gaming friends don't play/haven't gotten into it yet. So I had to make a whole bunch of new friends specifically from L4D.

Granted, once you do make friends, you'll most likely get really good at trashing pubs. So good that it gets boring unless you try to mix it up. Go pistols only. Try and push objects from one saferoom to the next. Purposefully play like shit at survivor and then try to make up for it as infected. Last but not least, find some actual competition - scrimmage other teams or even join a league.

Frodolives

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2001
About getting trapped in the safe room as infected, there's a death command you can use in console. I think it's just "death", maybe someone here knows it or isn't too lazy to look it up, as I am right now :)

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
I only play it when my roommate plays because none of the other people I know like the game. Rest of the time I'm playing Battlefield 2 so I don't really care for L4D too much.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Frodolives
About getting trapped in the safe room as infected, there's a death command you can use in console. I think it's just "death", maybe someone here knows it or isn't too lazy to look it up, as I am right now :)

Pretty sure the commands have been blocked ever since the latest patch thanks to the griefers.