Currently in a "sexual harassment seminar"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Did someone get the "harassed" at work? Only time my old job place had a "team-work" seminar was when there were too many arguements, and one supervisor made an employee have a panic attack (curl up and cry on the floor).

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
Originally posted by: spidey07
Originally posted by: broon
What is the proper way to sexually harass a person of the opposite gender who sits two cubes away from you, is decent looking but married with no children?

Tell here a joke....

What do blonds and the bermuda triangle have in common?

They both swallowed a lot of me seamen. YARRRRR!

++

:laugh:

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Imp
Did someone get the "harassed" at work?

Ish. I have a thread about that too, but it's like a month old so you might have to dig for it.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: dainthomas
Originally posted by: Sraaz
Seriously this is ridiculous. It's nothing but things even the most moronic people know, and he's using examples that further prove how horrible the pussification of America is getting.

/rant
-3/10
/diaf
/gtfo

All you need to know:

1. Be handsome
2. Be attractive
3. Don't be unattractive

(From SNL for those who don't know. Vid's on youtube.)

or just be Tom Brady and hit on female coworkers in your underwear...

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
The last sexual harassment seminar I had to attend was in the early 90's, when this stuff was pretty new.

Most of us men got great amusement at the phrase "things that might offend a reasonable woman."

None of us could remember ever meeting a REASONABLE woman...seems quite a contradictory statement...;)

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
When one little panda sticks his furry little willy in another panda's ear....that makes me a saaaaddddd panda :(

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Seriously this is ridiculous. It's nothing but things even the most moronic people know, and he's using examples that further prove how horrible the pussification of America is getting.
/rant
-3/10
/diaf
/gtfo
If the most moronic people know this, why do they keep engaging in the same activities over and over again?

Cuz they're morons?
Perhaps.
But if so why would we bother trying to teach them over and over again?

The only good reason I can come up with is it absolves the company of responsibility.

"Hey look, we gave these morons training once a year, they still did it anyway. The company did its job. Sue him, not us."

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Originally posted by: shortylickens
/rant
-3/10
/diaf
/gtfo
If the most moronic people know this, why do they keep engaging in the same activities over and over again?

Cuz they're morons?
Perhaps.
But if so why would we bother trying to teach them over and over again?

The only good reason I can come up with is it absolves the company of responsibility.

"Hey look, we gave these morons training once a year, they still did it anyway. The company did its job. Sue him, not us."

Because some people just want to do it?

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I have to give one of these today. I agree it's a bunch of BS, and I really wish I didn't have to spout crap like that for an hour...but I get paid for my lunch hour plus a free lunch, so I can't complain too much.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
We had several big seminars for sexual harassment in the AF a while back, right after all the headlines about harassment at the Academy. Some of the information was good, but a lot of the training videos they showed were retarded. The one that stuck in my mind featured several people, of both genders, going to a club. One of the men and one of the females spent the night dancing with each other, with her grinding on him. They actually showed her grinding on him, in an extremely skimpy outfit. They also showed her drinking whiskey sours while he drank only beer. Later that night, they both went to her place, where he forced himself on her. She did protest, by saying no a few times, but as drunk as she was, it came out as more of a mumble. They then spent the next 20 min of the movie dissecting the scene, showing where the male went wrong and what he could have done better, etc. We joked about it for about a week.

oddyager

Diamond Member
May 21, 2005
My company is great. Our marketing group, composed of mostly fresh out of college A types led by A types in their 40s who think they are still in their 20s, took their macking skills a little too far with our attrative new hires. This led to mandatory sexual harrassment seminars for the entire company. Another point in our glorious history someone did something that forced HR to require us to take ethics courses.

murban135

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Bateluer
We had several big seminars for sexual harassment in the AF a while back, right after all the headlines about harassment at the Academy. Some of the information was good, but a lot of the training videos they showed were retarded. The one that stuck in my mind featured several people, of both genders, going to a club. One of the men and one of the females spent the night dancing with each other, with her grinding on him. They actually showed her grinding on him, in an extremely skimpy outfit. They also showed her drinking whiskey sours while he drank only beer. Later that night, they both went to her place, where he forced himself on her. She did protest, by saying no a few times, but as drunk as she was, it came out as more of a mumble. They then spent the next 20 min of the movie dissecting the scene, showing where the male went wrong and what he could have done better, etc. We joked about it for about a week.

We saw the same one in our unit. What a joke.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Well until the courts / jurys stop giving do-overs to people claiming they are morons we all have to point out what moronic behavior is.

It would be nice if they would just cover what is allowed for the people that understand harrassment.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Not only do we in the gub'ment have to take our annual sexual harrassment training, we have to take annual Consideration of Others training. :roll: It's pretty much as awful as it sounds.

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
The only thing I remember from our SH training was this scenario:

"If you joined a small mixed-gender office team where lewd jokes, suggestive comments, and playful groping was common and accepted, what should you do?"

I'm still speechless at that one. I mean really. Umm...