Current NBA Player Comes Out

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Locker rooms have never been about safety. You are doubling down on stupid and making shit up to fit your argument.

As far as privacy, you bet. But then providing privacy comes down to increasing your level of comfort while you change. Which is exactly what I have been saying.

Afraid of gay people, lol. Your reading comprehension is up there with your argument skills.

It seems like in every post you are concerned more with telling people how smart you think you are and how dumb you think they are. I think that tells a lot about you.

You are afraid that a gay man will convert you. I get it. Comparing it to putting both genders in a locker room which is so beyond silly that I don't even know why I entertained it in the first place.

Tell me again how smart you are... Add some more "lol" to really make it convincing next time!

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
It seems like in every post you are concerned more with telling people how smart you think you are and how dumb you think they are. I think that tells a lot about you.

You are afraid that a gay man will convert you. I get it. Comparing it to putting both genders in a locker room which is so beyond silly that I don't even know why I entertained it in the first place.

Tell me again how smart you are... Add some more "lol" to really make it convincing next time!

What's the matter? Your silly argument isn't working out so now you have to resort to whining? Now you are just resorting to posting and reposting lies as if its going to further your already bad argument. I have never once brought up my intelligence to compare it to others.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
Many men use sports to provide relief from sexual frustration. Both watching, and playing. Watching a gay man play ball will only stoke that frustration into a rage. That is why pro sports players dont come out.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Where are all the usual suspects?

I mean those nutty preachers claiming hurricanes are God's judgement on us because there are gays etc. Where are they? It seems every time one of them spouts this sort of stuff someone from the left rushes here to post it. I must assume those fundies have been largely silent about this player's announcement.

Fern

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I was thinking the exact same thing.

I don't see why this comes as a surprise. There have been gay people since forever.

When did you need special treatment and commendation for having a sexuality? Hey, "I'm coming out as straight!!!!"

I don't know...maybe spend 2 more seconds of your day and just think how empty this comment of yours is.

Maybe you could imagine what it is like to interact with your gay partner in public, as you do with your heterosexual SO?

1: Do you think it is the exact same?

2: Do you think society will interact with you in the exact same way, everywhere you go?

2a: Based on your answer to question 2 (yes or no), do you think you, personally, have some responsibility in the state of things?

Polarhound

May 5, 2013
Up until now, I have refrained from commenting on this story in any forum. It has taken me a while to even begin to put together my thoughts on it in a coherent manner.

After watching everything unfold, one detail above all others stood out for me: The only "losers" in all of this, the ones that stood to gain the most from him NOT coming out, was the small minority who did not WANT widespread acceptance to happen. They did not want this because acceptance means that it was no longer a moral club they could use to browbeat others into submission with. Without their Binky Bogeyman to wave in everyone's face while making scary noises, they would become irrelevant, as they had nothing constructive to actually offer in the first place.

This group is not limited to those that wish to use sexuality as a weapon; sadly, this is much more prevalent in race discussions... Look at it this way: If certain black "leaders" such as Al Sharpton didn't have their race-baiting "Whitey" bogeyman schtick to keep people riled up, would he actually have anything else worth listening to?

The fact is, the media had all of their "ostracized and maligned" sob story articles ready to go when Collins came out of the closet, finding they could only sit by and gnash their teeth, relegated to attempting to sensationalize the one or two mental midgets that DID say something negative, as the majority of society refused to take their "profiling" bait, instead running into responses ranging from acceptance to indifference... only to try to run NEW stories attempting to frame that indifference as hatred.

The only sickening ones are the people who wanted to make it a bigger issue than it ended up being, all in the name of ratings and self-aggrandizing power grabs.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
What's the matter? Your silly argument isn't working out so now you have to resort to whining? Now you are just resorting to posting and reposting lies as if its going to further your already bad argument. I have never once brought up my intelligence to compare it to others.

What evidence do you have to support that my argument isn't working out?

You brought up how highly you thought of yourself in every post.. it is right there for all to see. Feel free to go back and edit it if you'd like!

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004

I mean those nutty preachers claiming hurricanes are God's judgement on us because there are gays etc. Where are they? It seems every time one of them spouts this sort of stuff someone from the left rushes here to post it. I must assume those fundies have been largely silent about this player's announcement.

Fern

Considering a majority of the country supports gay marriage now, you are likely referring to the middle-right all the way through the imaginary "left" on the spectrum when it comes to hating the nutty preachers.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003

Fern

WBC protested his coming out.