Cup Head

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
yea i'm gonna need to check it out at some point... users are raving about it right now. low system requirements makes a great laptop game!

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
many reviews I read say it is incredibly hard. looks good though, maybe will spend some of my bing rewards to get it in windows store.

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
many reviews I read say it is incredibly hard. looks good though, maybe will spend some of my bing rewards to get it in windows store.
I wouldn't call it incredibly hard,it's not QWOP after all,but it is hard everything(enemies projectiles etc) is pretty big and takes up a big portion of the screen so maneuverability is the biggest problem and if you get hit once you get out of your flow causing you to loose even more health.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I'm finding it very hard myself. Nothing is forgiving and all levels/boss battles aren't meant to be 2-3 minute chunks so you can easily spend a lot of time on one thing.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Something interesting I found across all platforms and controllers is that they don't allow for any dead zone in the controller. Unless you prevent the joysticks from centering on their own, the slight momentum when rebounding will register causing you to face the wrong way. It's most noticeably pronounced on my Elite controller since the thumb sticks are heavier and do not center perfectly on their own. Also found that the pressure sensitive buttons also have little to no deadzone and will register with the slightest pressure. Sure they cranked this up since the game requires twitchy reflexes.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
super cool game, but I think all of the simulated film imperfections to make it look older gave me a mean headache. it's also quite challenging and requires some good reflexes and memory. big hats off to the devs, really neat.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I cannot for the life of me get this installed on my laptop. The Windows Store refuses to download the game. Works perfectly on the XB1 and desktop, but really wanted this on the go.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
it's just very well done... all hand-drawn 1930's-esque characters and sound design. it also nails the era humor and is quite difficult if you're not used to platforming, shmups, and fighting games. requires quick reflexes.

i like it, but I'm not sure I have the patience to progress very far. like the souls games if I can't make decent progress in an hour or so I'll likely quit.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Not a huge fan of this style of game play but man that idea of old cartoon stuff is awesome and it looks very cool and trippy. I could imagine a FPV or MMO lol I want to be a cup!

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
I've been eyeing it since they announced it and it does look good now that it's finally out, but I still suck at platformers so I'm not in a rush to buy it. I will get it eventually, though, likely the next time I have a few hours straight to kill.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
So I watched my stepson and his friend (15yo) play this for hours this weekend. The game looks amazing, and the gameplay is old school. Basically it is all boss levels. There is only an occasional level that is not just a boss fight. The game is fairly unforgiving. Each boss has multiple stages and each stage has it's own timing and method. It is completely trial and error to figure it out, meaning you are going to play most bosses at least 3 times to figure out their patterns and get them down. Most of the time you will be playing each boss lots of times. The art style goes a really long way in keeping this entertaining.

Reactions: Thebobo

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Had a huge break through today while playing. Thought you had to mash the fire button and it took me a week to discover you just hold it down :( Now I know why everyone was remapping the fire button to the trigger. Took out 3 bosses that I was struggling with quickly. Feel so stupid.