Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4016251)

RLGL

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2013
From the Windows Feedback Hub:

Today we are releasing 2 new Cumulative Updates for PC Build 15063 as we prepare the Windows 10 Creators Update to begin rolling out to customers around the world on April 11th.

Cumulative Update Build 15063.13 (KB4016251) is being released to Windows Insiders in the Slow and Release Preview rings. Cumulative Update 15063.11 plus these additional fixes:

• We fixed an issue where printer connections from clients running older versions of Windows (V3-XPS-based-drivers) failed to connect to clients running the Windows 10 Creators Update.
  • We fixed an issue where on some devices like the Surface Pro 3, the Windows audio device graph isolation would max out CPU utilization due to being stuck in an endless loop due to defective Realtek APOs.
Cumulative Update Build 15063.14 (KB4016252) is being released to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. This Cumulative Updater includes the same fixes from Cumulative Update 15063.11 AND Cumulative Update 15063.13 (see above) plus this additional fix:

• We fixed an issue where non-suspendable processes would suspend after waking a device.
As always, please keep sending in feedback via Feedback Hub.

Thank you,
Windows Insider Team

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I've noticed that since installing this update that when I insert a disc into my bdrw that it no longer responds to it unless I manually select this pc from windows explorer.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I'll pop in here for a moment just to announce what I discovered about the 1703 version build.

There have been zillions of complaints about the inability to control Windows Update in Windows 10, and another thread (or two) still near the top of the pile with this thread show my remarks and my own frustrations.

So Build 1703 has some tweaks that allow you to defer "feature" updates up to a year, and other security updates for as much as a month. The scenario might even be better than that, I'll have to look into it. At least with Win 7 -- wouldn't know about Win 8.1 -- you can have Windows notify you of available updates, choose which ones you want to install, and oversee the installation without the OS doing something behind your back -- as with Win 10.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
I've heard the automatic update of Creators won't be released all at once on 4/11 for every affected PC. That they'll gradually release the auto update for it over the next weeks and months. Ok so if that's true is there a way to know what day your Win 10 PC or your area will get the auto update? (Not talking about the manual method.)

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
I'll pop in here for a moment just to announce what I discovered about the 1703 version build.

There have been zillions of complaints about the inability to control Windows Update in Windows 10, and another thread (or two) still near the top of the pile with this thread show my remarks and my own frustrations.

So Build 1703 has some tweaks that allow you to defer "feature" updates up to a year, and other security updates for as much as a month. The scenario might even be better than that, I'll have to look into it. At least with Win 7 -- wouldn't know about Win 8.1 -- you can have Windows notify you of available updates, choose which ones you want to install, and oversee the installation without the OS doing something behind your back -- as with Win 10.

The Defer Feature Updates, was in the last build as well, but I don't think it specifically stated how long it was delayed, I believe it was 3-6 months, but I could be wrong. If its a year, that would be good

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010

So Build 1703 has some tweaks that allow you to defer "feature" updates up to a year, and other security updates for as much as a month. The scenario might even be better than that, I'll have to look into it. .

Do the tweaks you mention apply to the Home version ? That option was present in versions prior to 1703 (Enterprise and Pro) but not the Home version. From what I can find, Home will allow you to change the internet connection to "metered" which may then add some option to the Update Settings feature . Someone who has done this might comment.I wonder whether metering might delay/prevent a download but might also prevent definitions updates?