CUDA 2.0 delivers Photoshop plug-in acceleration

Wreckage

Banned
Jul 1, 2005
http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/39017/140/

What caught our attention however, is Nvidia?s note the developer kit also includes ?an Adobe Photoshop plug-in example for both PC and Mac versions of the software.? According to the Nvidia, that plug-in ?allows developers to design plug-ins that move the most compute-intensive functions of Adobe Photoshop to the GPU?, which could deliver ?dramatic performance improvements? and enable ?advanced filters and imaging techniques that are available directly within Adobe Photoshop.?

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
This should probably go in the "Software for Windows" and "All things Apple" forums.

EarthwormJim

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
Originally posted by: keysplayr2003
This should probably go in the "Software for Windows" and "All things Apple" forums.

Why? This is pertinent to video cards.

It's pretty damn exciting how we're finally getting to use a nearly completely wasted resource in our computers now.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
My mistake. I thought it was the computational power for Adobe Photoshop. Maybe you're right, but I'm sure those other two forums I mentioned would like to know about this as well as video then?.

IlllI

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2002
i never look in the apple forum. so if it was there i would have never known about this.

Wreckage

Banned
Jul 1, 2005
Originally posted by: keysplayr2003

Well it probably belongs in all 3 but I only post here and I certainly don't want to spam. ;)

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Wreckage posting pro-Nvidia news........why am I not surprised?

Everyone else is behaving themselves in here, you should too. Contribute or don't post anything at all.

-ViRGE

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
We have an Apple forum? *shakes head* Never knew.

I have done one or two things with Photoshop-like programs and they take ages to do on a CPU. If a GPU can be roped in to help out, such as they do for HD video playback and more recently physics calculations, then I see it as a positive thing... even though at this time I am using an ATI card.

I think its about time that GPU's, which generally do very little when not gaming, do some work in other areas.