Cuboid

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: caferace
Hey, it's not funny! :laugh:

If they would reconcile their differences, I'd be ahead of GeoffS. :D

-jim

hmmm... can't have that! lol... any idea how to get the client to work on a dual proc system? It will only chew up half the CPUs... :D

Geoff

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
Originally posted by: GeoffS
hmmm... can't have that! lol... any idea how to get the client to work on a dual proc system? It will only chew up half the CPUs... :D

Geoff

:D

Yup. Just run two instances. Easy-peasy.

-jim

Silverthorne

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
I just made 2 folders and placed the client in each one, only one will restart on a reboot so you will have to manually start the other one. On my xeon 2.4 I have 4 clients running.

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Silverthorne
I just made 2 folders and placed the client in each one, only one will restart on a reboot so you will have to manually start the other one. On my xeon 2.4 I have 4 clients running.

If you rename each executable a different name (cuboid1.exe, cuboid2.exe, etc..) and put them in your startup folder might that work?

-jim

Silverthorne

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004

If you rename each executable a different name (cuboid1.exe, cuboid2.exe, etc..) and put them in your startup folder might that work?

-jim

Yes that will probably work.

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
I like the Cuboid peeps. They recombined me, and I'm looking at the top 20 soon. w00t!

BTW, changing the username in the file Ken mentioned does indeed re-assign any new credits to the renamed user. Of course, the client must be stopped prior to the change and restarted.

-jim

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005

We're only about 103 million away from passing all the people who aren't on a team. :D

We're about 3 million away now. :thumbsup:

-jim

salvorhardin

Jan 30, 2003
Congratulations Silverthorne on a well deserved tribute. Does anybody know if the project is still active? The stats haven't really been updated and i'm sitting on about 10 million results that I haven't been able to send in.

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Well.... I think I lost a buttload of tosses... all of the clients (2 duals and 2 singles) were locked up... not the PCs... just the client... I couldn't get the client to pop up so I rebooted all of the machines... guess we'll see... tomorrow I should pass the 10% of Silverthorne (also known as 100 000 000 toss) mark! :p

Doc Brown

Aug 28, 2004
I like the Cuboid peeps. They recombined me, and I'm looking at the top 20 soon. w00t!

BTW, changing the username in the file Ken mentioned does indeed re-assign any new credits to the renamed user. Of course, the client must be stopped prior to the change and restarted.

-jim

OK catch up NOW!!

Silverthorne

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
Originally posted by: GeoffS
Well.... I think I lost a buttload of tosses... all of the clients (2 duals and 2 singles) were locked up... not the PCs... just the client... I couldn't get the client to pop up so I rebooted all of the machines... guess we'll see... tomorrow I should pass the 10% of Silverthorne (also known as 100 000 000 toss) mark! :p

That must have happened when they had server trouble, I lost a lot also.

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
TA, Top of the Mountain!

Dear users,

The Cuboid Simulation is entering a final race. It will run in a constant fast mode until December 31.

The simulation will be shut down at 00:00 GMT on 1 Jan 2007. Every computer still running a this time will be allowed to upload its data, such that no tosses will be lost. Your program will display a proper message, when it stops running.

http://www.quantumholism.com/cuboid/UserStatistic.htm

Danail Obreschkow
For the Oxford Science Team

-jim

Silverthorne

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
If you have a machine to put on this project now is the time. The simulation is running extremely fast right now. I have put all machines back on this till the end, it would be really cool if the team could break the 2 billion mark.

Now check out the Cuboid page.

Doc Brown

Aug 28, 2004
TA, Top of the Mountain!

Dear users,

The Cuboid Simulation is entering a final race. It will run in a constant fast mode until December 31.

The simulation will be shut down at 00:00 GMT on 1 Jan 2007. Every computer still running a this time will be allowed to upload its data, such that no tosses will be lost. Your program will display a proper message, when it stops running.

http://www.quantumholism.com/cuboid/UserStatistic.htm

Danail Obreschkow
For the Oxford Science Team

-jim

My only question is where does Felix come up with 16K one day and 23K+ the next day ... sounds shady to me ...

Silverthorne

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
Actually it's very easy right now, the simulation is running very fast. Just watch my output tomorrow, I have three more machines that are not running.

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
Awesome new tribute image there. :)

-jim

edit: Five hardball cores back on. Look out, GeoffS. :p

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
If you have a machine to put on this project now is the time. The simulation is running extremely fast right now. I have put all machines back on this till the end, it would be really cool if the team could break the 2 billion mark.

Now check out the Cuboid page.

2 billion is gonna happen. :thumbsup:

-jim