Cuba Fires 1 Million Government Workers--Paul Ryan Not Extreme

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Is the op trying to be funny or is he handicapped and we all humor him by making replies?

Apr 27, 2012
I am trying to show that even communists understand you need to fire government workers and the government needs a much smaller role in the economy. If Cuba gets it then why are Americans too stupid to understand it?

Albatross

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2001
Half a century wasted for a murderous ideology,a full life for the Cubans.
All these because some lunatics happened to come to power,isn`t life wonderful..

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I am trying to show that even communists understand you need to fire government workers and the government needs a much smaller role in the economy. If Cuba gets it then why are Americans too stupid to understand it?

Smaller than what? Smaller than 85% of workers, or smaller than 8% of workers?

The only thing you've shown is that you don't understand arithmetic, and that you have no sense of proportion.

Apr 27, 2012
Smaller than what? Smaller than 85% of workers, or smaller than 8% of workers?

The only thing you've shown is that you don't understand arithmetic, and that you have no sense of proportion.

Are you at least willing to agree that the Paul Ryan budget is not extreme?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Half a century wasted for a murderous ideology,a full life for the Cubans.
All these because some lunatics happened to come to power,isn`t life wonderful..

Not that I'm much of a defender of the Castro regime, at all, but it is important to understand the total corruption of the former Batista regime, the fact that Cuba was run not for the benefit of Cubans, but rather for the benefit of American interests, the Mafia prominent among them.

It's not like our ongoing embargo has done jack shit for Cubans, either.

Albatross

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2001
Not that I'm much of a defender of the Castro regime, at all, but it is important to understand the total corruption of the former Batista regime, the fact that Cuba was run not for the benefit of Cubans, but rather for the benefit of American interests, the Mafia prominent among them.

It's not like our ongoing embargo has done jack shit for Cubans, either.

Could have been done the right way,but an uneducated population is always vulnerable to populist thugs.
Cuba could have made Las Vegas a backwater but instead has tread water for half a century.

hardhat

Dec 4, 2011
Shooting 10000 people is extreme. But shooting one....that's like.....STILL EXTREME! WAKE UP!

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Shooting 10000 people is extreme. But shooting one....that's like.....STILL EXTREME! WAKE UP!

"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of many is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

What our idiot in OP doesn't realize is that these reforms are the Castro regime's lasts grasps on power.
They are doing little things to keep the populaces anger from boiling over and sending them all on a short boat trip into the Atlantic.
Cuba will likely be an impoverished island nation for a long time to come, but I don't think it will be a communist one before I'm no longer here.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Conservative holds up Communist Cuba as model of normalcy, fascinating...

So when leftist hold up Cuba up as a comparison to the US to support their false perceived views on our health care system and dismissal of costs related to this same system they aren't doing to the same?

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
So when leftist hold up Cuba up as a comparison to the US to support their false perceived views on our health care system and dismissal of costs related to this same system they aren't doing to the same?

Anyone who does that is a moron, so yes they should.

Apr 27, 2012
Is your brain too small to understand their political and economic history and situation?

This is good news though, 1 million less people working for government and they want to ease restrictions on the private sector. How can you not support this?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
This is good news though, 1 million less people working for government and they want to ease restrictions on the private sector. How can you not support this?

They dont like it because it proves their communist beliefs simply don't work. The liberal has no concept of history, it is a severe mental illness.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Yeh, sure, I support Cuba reducing the % of their workforce on the govt payroll from 85% to 66%. It's their country.

That is, however, not even vaguely comparable to the situation in the US, where <8% of the workforce is on a govt payroll.

Your refusal to recognize the difference marks you as an idiot or a liar, take your pick.

They dont like it because it proves their communist beliefs simply don't work. The liberal has no concept of history, it is a severe mental illness.

It proves nothing other than your own flavor of ideological hackery.

If we set out to follow Cuba's example, we could raise the % of the workforce on govt payrolls to 66%. Not that I advocate any such thing.

Whadda ya think, nimrod? Do facts matter to you at all? Do you live, breathe & eat false equivalency?