CSIS: Refuses to use "Evidence" gained through torture

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Someone? Who would that be? Don't you get it by now, Bush said we don't Torture... I mean we only Torture Terrorist weather proven guilty or not since heck, we took habeas corpus out of the constitution (rights what rights?) So, we can pretty much label anyone terrorist and torture the crap out of them for as long as we want until they admit they are terrorists....

Bush, also says we are not in a recession. And the good news (according to Bush) the Booster shot that is going to magically 'FIX' the economy is in the mail since apparently he foresaw this coming ... God told him apparently and told him to send out checks to everyone.... How else does someone "see" into the future? Pretty pathetic!

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The comments after the article certainly shows that there are still many that don't get it.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: sandorski
Sanity takes hold. Nice to see that Torture is still considered wrong by someone.

Newsweek

Uh hello? Our courts won't use it either.

Fern

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Hayabusa Rider
Why does anyone think someone tortured will ever see a trial?

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and the other alleged 911 planner have been charged and are facing trial. This group, AFAIK, includes the 3 who were waterboarded (Khalid was for sure).

The US gov is seeking the death penalty. IDK the trial date. I think it may be a military trial. And I'm pretty sure the US gov has announced that it will be an "open trial".

We had a thread on it a while back when the charges were filed.

(I thought you were supposed to be off-line and traveling this weekend. Did the thought of the food keep you home? :D )

Fern

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Fern

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and the other alleged 911 planner have been charged and are facing trial. This group, AFAIK, includes the 3 who were waterboarded (Khalid was for sure).

The US gov is seeking the death penalty. IDK the trial date. I think it may be a military trial. And I'm pretty sure the US gov has announced that it will be an "open trial".

(I thought you were supposed to be off-line and traveling this weekend. Did the thought of the food keep you home? :D )

Fern

Heh I ate out tonight, and I installed a wireless router here before so I can post :p

High profile prisoners are one thing simply because we know they were being held. Others have simply turned up like that Canadian fellow a while back. I'm thinking more of people who are faceless, not "celebrities"

I'm not sure what "open" means. My understanding is that it's not the same thing as "public". Supposedly they will get to see the evidence against them, but we won't see the trial for "security" reasons. Correct me if I'm wrong.

We'll see I suppose.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Fern

Fern

Yeah they will have a "trial", but it's a kangaroo court. They can't see a lot of the evidence against them, they have had their rights to lawyers restricted, the government will almost certainly be using evidence obtained through this torture we're talking about... etc... etc.

So you can call it a trial if you want, but let's be honest with ourselves here. They are nothing even approaching fair.