CSGO and hackers?

Shyatic

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2004
I'm honestly sick of it... I really can't take matchmaking seriously at all.

I just signed up for ESEA but haven't played a match yet (the site was down entirely when I signed up), so hoping that it will be more fun and professional there.

Any thoughts folks?

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
all i can say is get a console if you want to play online games on anything close to resembling an even playing field

since returning to pc gaming in 2012 i have been dissapointed as literally every game I play is infested with bots, hacks, cheats, and mods.

people will say it exists on console as well but its not to nearly the same degree. console games are monitored much more closely on this things and the punishments are more severe and harder to get around.

SharpHawk

Jan 6, 2012
The benefit of console gaming: their audience is far less technologically literate so the odds of finding a player with the will and know-how to hack are lower.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
and the servers are monitored more closely, complaints taken more seriously, and patches issued more regularly on console

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
Back when I played CS 1.6 I used to get accused of cheating a lot. But then I was one of the few pro players that was on the public servers a lot. The end result of which was that I used to regularly kill the entire enemy team on my own, often with nothing but a desert eagle. I think in a lot of cases people jump to the conclusion that someone who is a lot better than they are must be hacking, whereas actually seeing how much difference skill makes when watching guys like Levelcap etc on Battlefield 4 and the the pro CS:GO players shows just how wide the skill gap is from average to one of the best in the world.

There are a lot less cheats out there than most people think. That isn't diminishing the impact it has when it really happens but in my experience the cheats don't last long before they are thrown out of the game. But its often hard to tell from playing these people whether they are just awesome or cheating. Its better for your personal sanity and skill progression to assume they are better than you and try to beat them.

Maverickbcp

Nov 7, 2013
I had a similar situation happen to me back in the day on the original Starcraft. There were plenty of cheaters but this one girl that I accused of cheating took the time to show me just how wrong I was. We started a new game with the fog of war lifted so I could see her strategy and how she approached building up her army. Man I learned so much from her that day and my skill increased tenfold. However that's not always the case and some people honestly equate cheating to being skillful. I can't feel good about a win if I had to cheat to do it.

brokEN2

Oct 6, 2011
www.cbcast.com
ESEA is a good solution specially since they now do their own matchmaking and are the only thing keeping NA CS alive. You will still find some cheaters but it is rare as their client is actually pretty good. The community however for CSGO though is generally crap and has lots of trolls.

Feb 6, 2007
Your best bet is to find a server that has an active approach to administration, has lots of active and reasonable human administrators and bans cheaters and griefers quickly. There's no automated substitute for the involvement of actual humans running the show and making sure everyone is following the rules. I don't play GO, so I can't speak to any specific servers that have an active community that would work for you, but there are bound to be some out there; hop into different pubs until you find one where people aren't being jackasses.

As far as ESEA goes, when I was active in ESEA scrims 8-9 years ago, they always seemed pretty on the ball for getting rid of trolls. Is that no longer the case?

Shyatic

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2004
all i can say is get a console if you want to play online games on anything close to resembling an even playing field

since returning to pc gaming in 2012 i have been dissapointed as literally every game I play is infested with bots, hacks, cheats, and mods.

people will say it exists on console as well but its not to nearly the same degree. console games are monitored much more closely on this things and the punishments are more severe and harder to get around.

No thanks. The skill bar is far lower on a console and I don't find it as engaging to play. I am a PC gamer, always will be. PC Master Race :)

Shyatic

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2004
ESEA is a good solution specially since they now do their own matchmaking and are the only thing keeping NA CS alive. You will still find some cheaters but it is rare as their client is actually pretty good. The community however for CSGO though is generally crap and has lots of trolls.

That's what I wanted to know -- thanks for it. Hoping to get a few games in tonight and see how I fare.

tcG

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2006
People getting lots of headshots in a row does not necessarily = cheating.

brokEN2

Oct 6, 2011
www.cbcast.com
That's what I wanted to know -- thanks for it. Hoping to get a few games in tonight and see how I fare.

Well just remember a lot of people on there have a higher understanding of the game so you may get dominated as I know I did but I got into ESEA back when source was big and I sucked big time.

Shyatic

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2004
People getting lots of headshots in a row does not necessarily = cheating.

Agreed -- but when I go back today to check my played matches and find out all the top fraggers were VAC banned... it kind of validates my thoughts on cheating on the scene.

That said... I still hope that Valve just comes up with a "premium matchmaking" where I pay $5 or $10 a month, and get instant access to admins to do instant VAC bans on players, 128 tic servers, and only play with others who do the same.

I think the community will be able to segregate those who like to play competitively (myself) with those who just don't want to play casual and look at MM like Xbox Live achievements.