CS Source

dynasty

Jul 15, 2003
I've been away from CS for awhile. Last time I really played was when 1.6 was the biggest thing out. Went and bought Source tonight and I can only see like 150 or servers to choose from. Is that the normal amount or is there something I need to do to see more then that? Thanks

Green Gigs

May 17, 2008
Theres definately more servers than that, theres thousands. I don't know why your not seeing them though, maybe someone else can answer that.

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000
Here are some well moderated servers that I recommend.

[-Q-] 24/7 Office [No Awp/Auto] (32 Players) - 209.160.36.102
[-Q-] Rotation Server [2 Awp/1 Auto] (32 Players) - 209.160.36.103
[-Q-] GunGame Server (24 Players) - 76.74.156.150
[-Q-] 24/7 Dust2 Server [No Awp/Auto] (32 Players) - 209.160.36.233

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
No awp servers? ehhh I never understood the point of that.

DreamMystic

Jan 21, 2008
Originally posted by: BassBomb
Originally posted by: mb

because awps are for idiots

If you got a problem with the awp buy one yourself and shoot back, jez. I don't see the problem with the gun. Other than people who cry about it when they get shot.

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: DreamMystic

If you got a problem with the awp buy one yourself and shoot back, jez. I don't see the problem with the gun. Other than people who cry about it when they get shot.

Its stupidly overpowered. Other than a foot shot its an insta kill, even then it does 95 damage.

Its damn accurate and basically has every single attribute that makes it an overpowered gun.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
Originally posted by: tenshodo13

Its stupidly overpowered. Other than a foot shot its an insta kill, even then it does 95 damage.

Its damn accurate and basically has every single attribute that makes it an overpowered gun.

Who the f cares? Play the game the way it's meant to be played. It's like TF2 servers with no crits or 2x crits or instant respawns. Just play the game... you're not making it any better by limiting it.

Edit: Because I'm SURE someone is thinking this: I'm not saying to never mod a game, but imposing limitations is lame.

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
Originally posted by: tenshodo13

Who the f cares? Play the game the way it's meant to be played. It's like TF2 servers with no crits or 2x crits or instant respawns. Just play the game... you're not making it any better by limiting it.

Edit: Because I'm SURE someone is thinking this: I'm not saying to never mod a game, but imposing limitations is lame.

if you want to play with the gun so overpowered almost every CS player hates it or acknowledges how overpowered it is, play on a different server, not too hard to understand. The AWP is easy mode, and everyone knows this.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005

A lot of players don't like the AWP. Even you can acknowledge that. Isn't it natural that these people would create a server where they don't have to deal with it? That way, those who don't want the AWP ruining their experience can play in a no AWP server and those who do want to use it can play in a regular server. I don't see how anyone loses in this situation, so why would you whine?

Also, the AWP is retarded. It's insanely unrealistic (yes, even more so than the rest of the CS guns), it's retardedly overpowered, and it makes obnoxious noises.

Oh, and why not just buy one and shoot back? Because that just makes the problem worse! As soon as one person whips out the AWP (usually because he sucks with anything else and has a k/d ratio of 1/3 or something), everybody else whips out an AWP in a many or 2-3 rounds and suddenly the game becomes a mess of BOOM BOOM BOOM x 20 players. If that's how it's gonna be, they should just make AWP only servers.

And play the game how it's meant to be played? Do you seriously think people play the way it's meant to be played? CS players take advantage of every little exploit in the system, all of which were definately not meant to be there.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
MiLFserver (No AWP/Snipers/Asshattery) 204.16.72.50:27015 Well Moderated, good guys/gals.

The AWP sucks. CS is so much better without it.

coreyb

Platinum Member
Aug 12, 2007
seriously overpowered? how about slow as hell and a lot of people aren't good enough to hit constantly with it.

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: coreyb
seriously overpowered? how about slow as hell and a lot of people aren't good enough to hit constantly with it.

What? At range, the reload doesn't matter much, as you can easily duck behind something. At close range the other guy will be dead anyway, so it doesn't matter if you have a long reload.

And also, its insanely easy to use an AWP. At the point where they can aim at center at mass, and get a one hit kill against ANYTHING while everyone else has to aim for the head is utter bullshit.

And also, saying a gun isn't overpowered because some people aren't good enough to hit constantly is idiotic. CS has one of the easiest sniping systems in a FPS.

coreyb

Platinum Member
Aug 12, 2007
I agree that it is the easiest.

However, I used to be like you guys and hate the awp and complain about it. But as I got better I found that there are many ways to deal with it rather then complain. Have any of you guys played in CAL? Why have they not banned this gun if it is SO overpowered?

coreyb

Platinum Member
Aug 12, 2007
If you are good enough at cs all you need an awper to do it miss once and he's done deal.

Or, there are always different ways to approach an area that are easier to get at an awper. Especially if you have another person with you...he misses and you guys can give him a nice head shot or possibly a flash.

I definately am more careful going into an area with an awper but it's not like it's some sort of super ultimate gun.

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
I always here how easy the awp is to use from people who hate it. Yet they can never seem to fight back with one themselves. I can see how it might make cs pubs pretty pissed when they get a good awper who dominates them all, I've been that guy before. If you really know how to play however, there are strategies to dealing with awpers.

To the OP: Sometimes if I stop the refresh and then refresh all over and over it will come up with more servers.

Dec 27, 2001
The two big problems with the AWP is that it accentuates wall hacking and slows down the game. A lot of times the only way to detect wall hacking is by watching a player and with an AWP you can't really tell and they're going on killing 4-5 guys a round and swaying the balance towards their team. Second, nobody likes sitting around while a half dozen AWPers crouch around the map for 10 minutes. The best servers have a 1 AWP limit.

jjzelinski

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2004
Originally posted by: DSF
Originally posted by: jjzelinski
scout OR tmp = win

Except that you can't have both at the same time. :confused:

logical fallacy you caught there, but wouldn't that be nice if it were true? Anyhow, those are my two favorite weapons.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
You guys are n00bs for sure, the scout is more powerful then the awp in a players hands who is equally skilled with both. Scout is tougher to learn, but just as and even more powerful in the right person's hands.

No awp servers are fine, I can see why some people don't like them and don't want them on their servers, but the reasoning behind it is flawed. The real reason servers do it is because really good players spend countless hours perfecting the awpology. And as someone already said, you get a really good player that probably shouldn't even be playing in pub's and comes in and owns the whole team. That same person can probably do the same thing with M4 or AK.

It requires quite a bit of skill, you have to have uber fast reflexes a lot of times, you have to be excellent at weapon switching so as to prevent slow reload time, and you have to become a master of the deagle as well since your using it almost 80% of the time.

Granted, people who awp and just sit in sniper positions like on dust2 and office and just SIT there - that is easy to do. Try being an awp warrior who rushes as hard as someone with a p90 and becoming an expert with it. A lot of the servers that allow awp slay the people who just sit around once a certain point is reached, they have to go toward the objective on the map or get slayed - simple.

badnewcastle

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2004
awp'ers are funny they stand back and snipe away, anyone with just a little skill can avoid them and usually get some good shanks out of it too.

To the OP's question, check your filters as you should be seeing thousands and thousands of servers.