CS:S counter strike

Ballatician

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2007
I just started again after a couple years and I'm tired of seeing every fast server playing only dust2 or office so if you still play, post your server!

Maybe we can even set up an AT game...

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
RogueSquadronclan.com|100tick - 8.12.19.124:27015

CAL rotation along with cool stuff like D2 / Office unlimited

wewdeadeye

Dec 26, 2007
I just got back into the scene after not playing in a really long time. I really like source, because its faster, feels more like the beta days. I used to play cal-invite since it inception and whatnot, but I just don't have time for any of that, haven't in years. I'm building my new rig tonight (old one died on me a month ago, 1 week after I started playing again, ugghhhh), so I would love to get in on some CSS action!!

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I play on a Webkillers 24/7 Office server (not sure which one) now and then, but mainly I play on Up In Smoke's 24/7 Office server.

KT

Dec 27, 2001
Well, I still play CS:S, but I play TF2 a lot more now. The servers I play on are 32 players and usually packed past midnight so I don't feel like giving them out only to have to wait longer to get on. :) Name is Tricky Kid.

After playing TF2 for a while, I'm really annoyed at the hitboxes when playing CS:S. I can actually play as a sniper in TF2 where I can't in CS:S. I also play mostly demoman and can hit people on the fly with the pipe grenades but in CS:S, I need to account for hit box drift.

vexingv

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2002
been playing lots of TF2 as well. it's great when you can regularly play w/ ppl who have mics to coordinate and such. i also find that older/more mature individuals play TF2 and focus is more on winning rather than individual performance. on the other hand, CS:S can be hit or miss with immature players and those whose main concerned are their k/d ratios. anyway, when i do play CS:S, i only play on gungame servers (maps that start w/ gg_). in gungame, you spawn with a weapon and have to level up. the goal is to be the first to get kills with each weapon (generally start off w/ pistols and move on to smg, rifle, grenade, and finally knife). i find this to be more interesting and challenging than the normal scenario/deathmatch maps.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
I play on a few servers.

63.251.20.51:27015 - Hostile Minds NYC 24/7 Office Server. Currently trying to join the clan; they have an IM team (going up to M soon) and an O team (which is also doing really really well).

69.12.98.40:27015 - =MUTINY= Clan server - Gungame. What I play when I need warm-up or want to fool around.

74.52.229.163:27015 - CantStopGaming. What I play when I want to camp or rush with a million bajillion people.

UTFan81

Jan 22, 2008
I used to play cs:s complusively, was in Cal and everything, but other games seem a lot more fun now I've finally broken the habit.

livingsacrifice

Jul 16, 2001
I have a friend who won't stop playing this game because of the surf mod. He actually pays $30 a month to rent his own server so he can play it. I tried it once and never could get a handle on the mod so I don't see why he's so obsessed with it.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
yeah, I could never figure out the surfing obsession. I mean, it's neat that an entire community is born out of the fact that the engine calculates a player sliding down a slope in such a way, but still. It's just sliding aroudn, to me. I'd rather play Trackmania United or something.

It IS fun going to a surf map, finding a cool spot off in the distance and sniping people as they go down ramps. It usually gets you banned, though.

TecHNooB

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
CSS is as essential to me as any of the blizzard staples (sc, wc3, d2). That being said, haven't had access to a good computer since I started college (1.5 years ago). I might build a new comp with the co-op money I make this semester. Get back into the action :D

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
I got my CS:S running again last week and played a bit. Some of us over at TFNN still play. Maybe we can join forces one night on a server.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
I only play office and dust2 but

I mostly play the bigger "n00b" office servers such as n00b galore, n00b refuge, n00bs 101 and so on