CS:GO Pro players found cheating - at LANs???

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Nope.

In the callout thread intended to ridicule me, personally, someone else has also included a nice post that includes details that make the B in billion seem not unreasonable.

It doesn't matter, though. I know you'll never believe it. I know this thread will never be anything more than petty arguing. :)

How are things going in that thread? It seems pretty one sided judging from the poll. I think your idea of "reasonable" isn't really reasonable.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
How are things going in that thread? It seems pretty one sided judging from the poll. I think your idea of "reasonable" isn't really reasonable.

I don't know, why don't you go check out the thread for yourself, since it's your own personal attempt to crucify me? I'd have thought you'd check in and follow that thread daily or hourly, considering how mad you apparently are about it.

aONxJ5x.gif

Last edited:

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I don't know, why don't you go check out the thread for yourself, since it's your own personal attempt to crucify me? I'd have thought you'd check in and follow that thread daily or hourly, considering how mad you apparently are about it.

aONxJ5x.gif

My browser plugin only alerts me when you post, so when you don't post there for a while I don't just go check it. Still so mad bro. :mad:

tinmann

Aug 11, 2012
I say let it go. Cheating exist on the casual and the pro level and as long as there is a lot of money to be made without any real life consequences to the cheaters and the people selling the cheats it's going to continue. If they are selling monthly subscriptions that should tell you they feel untouchable.
revenue in the billions is not that farfetched when you consider that at peak periods the number of players playing CS-GO alone is over 277,000 players. If a 3rd of those players are paying for cheats that comes out to some serious loot.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I say let it go. Cheating exist on the casual and the pro level and as long as there is a lot of money to be made without any real life consequences to the cheaters and the people selling the cheats it's going to continue. If they are selling monthly subscriptions that should tell you they feel untouchable.
revenue in the billions is not that farfetched when you consider that at peak periods the number of players playing CS-GO alone is over 277,000 players. If a 3rd of those players are paying for cheats that comes out to some serious loot.

I made the voting results in the other thread public, so we can all keep track of who doesn't understand what a billion dollars is.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
I made the voting results in the other thread public, so we can all keep track of who doesn't understand what a billion dollars is.

I made sure to vote whatever option had the most money so we can keep track of who is mocking you and how mad you are.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I made sure to vote whatever option had the most money so we can keep track of who is mocking you and how mad you are.

I'm leaving a trail of fist-sized holes in drywall and kicked dogs behind me everywhere I go. I shouldn't have turned on alerts on my phone for your posts. :mad::mad::mad:

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
The cheaters are out there and they aren't that obvious.

I know if someone is cheating if they have a high KDR vs me because i'm awesome.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
I'm leaving a trail of fist-sized holes in drywall and kicked dogs behind me everywhere I go. I shouldn't have turned on alerts on my phone for your posts. :mad::mad::mad:

I hope you're charged a nickel every time I post.

CFP

Apr 26, 2006
This makes sense, but some notable moments for me are at 35, 55 secs and 1:18 in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz-zdhIlxDI&feature=youtu.be

A LOT of these I don't find fishy - headphones and experience go a long way. You can judge where guys will be coming, where to prematurely look, spam, whatever else they're bitching about. The 10% aim definitely helps, but him locking a crosshair on a guys head who is way out of range that you can hear him is more than a 10% aim adjustment.

The upcoming tourney will definitely be interesting. The read (in the post above) is pretty good. Watch them all be terrible...... LOL :D

This has got to be legit. Why would he be tapping his "aim assist" key when enemies are clearly out of line of sight?? Even if he's running a wallhack and lingering on them through the walls (which would be fishy), the whole "flicks" thing the narrator is talking about doesn't make sense if he has an aim assist toggle. Why toggle it when he can't kill the enemy anyway?

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
This has got to be legit. Why would he be tapping his "aim assist" key when enemies are clearly out of line of sight?? Even if he's running a wallhack and lingering on them through the walls (which would be fishy), the whole "flicks" thing the narrator is talking about doesn't make sense if he has an aim assist toggle. Why toggle it when he can't kill the enemy anyway?

It's automated. You press a button to turn it on and then press the button again to turn it off.

Turn it on
cheat flicks to target
you click and kill enemy
cheat flicks to next target instantly
turn it off
move mouse around normally

That video clearly shows him cheating. You can see the ghosted players (golden outline) through a wall that he shouldn't be able to see (not referring to the golden outline, that's something else), but he's moving his reticle directly to them and hovering right over them as if he can see them. Whomever it is that is playing in that video is very clearly cheating.

Last edited:

CFP

Apr 26, 2006
I thought the aim assist hacks were onpress toggles. That is, hold down mouse4, aim assist on target, let go of mouse4, aim assist off.

That way, you'd only use it when you are already aiming at a enemy. Why would you press the toggle when there is not a visible enemy in sight (like flusha does I think twice in that clip), assuming he is not legit?

Also, how stupid does a pro player have to be to not switch off the "snap to next target" feature?

Edit: the onpress toggles could also be bound to mouse1, so as you fire, it aims for you. That would explain his weird snaps up to the head when he starts off with a body shot. But still, if he's at a lan and a pro player, why hasn't he turned the snap-to-next-target off?

Last edited:

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
Different cheats work different ways. Some are toggle, some are not. He clearly has the toggle.