Crysis Wars Holiday Trial 12/19 - 12/29 (Full Game!)

GullyFoyle

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
My Crysis.com

Introduction
We’re pleased to be able to invite you to the Crysis Wars Holiday Trial period taking place from Saturday, December 19th to Tuesday, December 29! All you need to do is be a registered member of MyCrysis in order to receive all the information you'll need to take part, there's still plenty of time to sign up so make sure you don't miss out!

If you don't own Crysis Wars, this is a unique occasion for you to download the FULL game with its 3 game modes and 21 maps. As soon as your download is over, you will be able to play on LAN with your friends for free. Once the trial period commences, you will receive a unique CDKey so that you can play online for free until December 29th!

How does it Work?
You will be able to download the complete Crysis Wars game, and install it on your computer for free. From then on, you will be able to play on LAN with your friends, without any time limitation. This is the best opportunity to check the gameplay, adjust the settings to your fitting (from best performance to best visuals), and train with your friends on LAN, in preparation for the online weekend.
You will not be able to connect online during this time.

On Saturday December 19th, a new mail will be sent to you with the link to a MyCrysis page where you will be able to retrieve your unique demo CDKey for the trial period. This demo CDKey will only be valid for your MyCrysis account, and will allow you to play online for the whole ten days. By the end of the trial, your demo CDKey will be deactivated and you will have to purchase the game to keep playing online.

The whole Crysis Wars team hopes that you will enjoy this experience, and we are at your disposal at MyCrysis.com to answer your questions and react to your feedback.

Last edited:

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
No, Crysis Wars in the multi-player component of Crysis Warhead. No single-player at all.

Yeah, I know there's no SP aspect to Crysis Wars. I was mainly asking from a performance standpoint. If Wars plays well (ie, decent framerate), then Crysis and its expansion should also perform well, right?

Main reason is my brother has mentioned wanting the Crysis maximum edition. He's running a E7200@3.5Ghz with a highly overclocked HD4830 (runs essentially at 4850 speeds). I thought I could try installing CW on his system to see how the framerates of the single player games would be.

Last edited:

GullyFoyle

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
Different maps will vary in their performance based on their complexity, but yes, this is the exact same engine as the single player game and should be on par with that performance.

If I was any kind of LAN gamer, I'd be all over this because it is basically free to play "forever" on LAN.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
would something like kali or hamachi work for this to play on "lan" ?

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Yeah, I know there's no SP aspect to Crysis Wars. I was mainly asking from a performance standpoint. If Wars plays well (ie, decent framerate), then Crysis and its expansion should also perform well, right?

Main reason is my brother has mentioned wanting the Crysis maximum edition. He's running a E7200@3.5Ghz with a highly overclocked HD4830 (runs essentially at 4850 speeds). I thought I could try installing CW on his system to see how the framerates of the single player games would be.

I own both and I can assure you that Crysis Wars is not as good looking as Warhead is, even on maximum settings it's noticeably less demanding overall, probably for multi-player servers stability purposes or something along those lines I'd presume. The thing is that visually speaking, on maximum settings, Crysis Wars looks about the same as Warhead (or even the original Crysis), it's not quite noticeable when playing, but if you stop around and take a closer look at the textures you should notice that they are generally less detailed. Additionally I noticed that there seems to be less LOD than in single-player (meaning that there's less rendered models and high-res textures at a distance than in single-player).

Generally speaking Crysis Wars runs faster, but the single-player is definitely more demanding, the only way to make sure if your system could properly run (at your own tastes) either Warhead or the original Crysis' single-player mode is to play them, and also keep in mind that certain single-player levels are also more demanding than others, I remember that the vast open plains in Crysis (the original) during the single-player part (when approaching the crumbling mountains with some tank battles and combat choppers around) was running relatively slow, while most levels covered in ice were running faster (generally speaking that is). So if you do play Warhead I would say that the very first level is already quite demanding with the action scenes and the warplanes and explosions left and right.

GullyFoyle

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
There are about 60 populated servers at the moment, with 1 to 32 people each.
There is no Infantry Only filter in the server browser, so I don't know about your second question.