Crysis steam problem

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
I bought steam Crysis today on the deal and after installing, it asks for the registration code. Steam prefills the registration code, but it doesn't work. It just pops back up with either a Done or Don't Continue button. I searched and found some things for "Warhead" saying to run Steam as administrator and that it will stop asking for the key, but this is "Crysis" not "Crysis Warhead". I tried running as admin anyway and it does nothing.

Can't ask on Steam forums since I hadn't used them before and you can't just register and post, you have to get activated by a moderator...

Any ideas?

jakdax

May 7, 2011
yeah, I'm having the exact same problem... bought it on friday during a sale, seriously pissed off about it.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
sometimes they run out of keys, or the keys you got havent been uploaded to the verification server. So it may fix itself after a time.

but you should contact Steam support about it.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
LOL. Epic fail.

Interestingly I was able to play Warhead, but it froze within 5 minutes and I haven't tried again. Not in any hurry, been buying cheapo games off steam once every day or two last 2 weeks as they pop up.

Anteaus

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2010
It's rare event but it happens, especially when the heavy sales happens. During the xmas sales usually one or two games have this problem. Steam just processes the sales. It's up to the developer to keep up a key supply to match the demand.

Just be content that you saved a bit of cash even if it costs a couple days wait. :)

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
It's rare event but it happens, especially when the heavy sales happens. During the xmas sales usually one or two games have this problem. Steam just processes the sales. It's up to the developer to keep up a key supply to match the demand.

Just be content that you saved a bit of cash even if it costs a couple days wait. :)

I can handle a few days. But it is curious that I could register the game on my EA account with that key immediately yet it would not work with steam.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

Sometimes, Steam will actually run out of keys and remove a game from sale as well. I know I've seen it happen a few times during sales.