Crysis mods, Help me make the game look gorgeous

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
With all the talk going on lately about best game engines and graphics, my interest in replaying Crysis again has been building, Other the basic ini tweaks (which I don't remember anyways), who can hold my hand in making Crysis look as beautiful as possible?

I want all the bells in whistles, texture mods and whatever else.

Thanks!!!!

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
I'm looking for a hand holding here. I already tried google and it quickly turned into browsing dead links, you tube videos and peole asking the same thing.

I'm looking for the place where I can actually click on a download of an .exe that will make the game gorgeous. I don't mind a doing some .ini mods and stuff but I'm not looking to have to open sandbox editor and doing actual work.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
I'm on my lunch break, but I'll get back to this when I get off of work.

I'll be happy to lead you step-by-step installing the needed files (it's very easy!), and I'll even host all the files on my SkyDrive for you, as some of them are getting harder and harder to find.

I'm in the middle of modifying a ToD (basically Crysis lighting mods) to get it exactly like I want (using the Reli2 ToD).

Here are a few screenshots (I posted in the engine thread) of what my setup looks like.

crysis-tod2.jpg

crysis-tod1.jpg

Last edited:

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
I'm looking for a hand holding here. I already tried google and it quickly turned into browsing dead links, you tube videos and peole asking the same thing.

I'm looking for the place where I can actually click on a download of an .exe that will make the game gorgeous. I don't mind a doing some .ini mods and stuff but I'm not looking to have to open sandbox editor and doing actual work.

I ran into this same issue. Crymod was closed down. There's nowhere to download the stuff anymore.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
I'm interested too, actually. A few months ago I tried looking, came across the same thing (dead links and a lot of nothing), and said bleh, to the Steam shelf :\

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I'm not really into the DOF mods, but I'd be interested in knowing if it's possible to just get textures, lighting, draw distance etc.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
crydev.net ?

When they switched to Crydev.net it seems like their DL database was scrapped.

It's really hard to find working DL links there, anymore. Much of it depends on the original author re-uploading it, and chances are fat that some guy who did the mod 5 years ago is still going to be around to put it back up. :\

I started uploading some files last night....there's a new mod I'm going to try tonight that just got reuploaded. I didn't forget! ;)

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
It's super hard to track down all the good mods these days. I don't even know what they are called, rather I have a folder with the mods I use. :/

Wish I could make it available. If you use usenet I could upload my mod package onto usenet for you to download. I think in total my mods are about 2.5GB.

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Also interested in this. Never did play Crysis 1, maybe I'll finally play it with mods and my current video card setup.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
Also interested, still havent played crysis 1. I use usenet, so a post there would be fine for me.

Anyway of just starting a torrent with a bunch of good mods? Seems like theres a lot of people interested in doing this.

question: I play games at 2650x1440 - will i be able to play with mods at this res? (3570k + gtx670)

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Alrighty. I will send my mods up to usenet and post an nzb here later/tomorrow. It will take me a bit as my upload speed is really, really bad. :/

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
Here's a list of my preferred mods....I'm working on getting them all uploaded to my SkyDrive and getting some instructions ready:

Tactical Expansion Mod: (basically adds more realism to weapon handling and hit damage, adds weapons and ammo types, increases AI awareness and accuracy, and overall makes the game quite a bit more difficult).

Reli2 ToD
Silent's High-Res Foliage
Rygel's Textures
Slicer's Objects
Xzero's POM/AF
Crysis Rocks (better rocks)
Xtreme Particle FX

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
I'm ready anytime you guys are. I'm gonna burn a disc of the mods too I 'll have them in a safe place

AlexAL

Jan 23, 2008
I am also interested. Played the beginning of Crysis some years ago but stopped for whatever reason.

reallyscrued

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2004
Damn, sorry to hear the modbase of Crysis is in such disarray. I remember trying to play UT a few years back with a friend and it took me forever to track down a mutator (Players vs Bots).

Can't find crap for that game anymore.

I wish you luck OP.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
I forgot to do this last night, started the upload just now. My internet is atrocious for uploads. I get 50MB/s down, but only 100KB/s up :hmm: Should be finished sometime this afternoon and once it is I will post a link to an nzb of the entire package.

Alternately you can search usenet for Crysis.Mods, posted by grooveriding, groove@groove.com in alt.binaries.multimedia

I set it up so you just merge the Crysis folder in the rar with your own folder and it will work. There is one optional file located under Crysis/Game called RealLifesis-[Guru3D.com].exe You can use this to install the reallifesis mods that make TOD changes to your level files, I'd suggest backing up your levels before using it. I don't use it personally as it conflicts with this setup and makes things far too dark.

You can also explore changing options in the included autoexec.cfg to see what you like. I have DOF stuff disabled as I don't like the effect and prefer crisp details on objects in the distance etc.

edit, it's finished uploading here is a link to an NZB to download the package off of usenet http://www.datafilehost.com/download-98bd9a5f.html

binsearch.info link http://binsearch.info/?server=&b=Cr...ia&p=Grooveriding+<groove@groove.com>&max=250

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
CUDAATS @ incrysis.com

I had never heard of this until now. I loaded it up this morning....looks very nice! I may have to change my stuff around now. I need to play through some more to be sure.

(To be clear, CUDAATS is a ToD mod. It includes no textures or improved objects)

Last edited:

monster88

Oct 30, 2012
does anyone know of texture packs other then rygel's? i've been playing with rygel's but his pack is vanilla textures which have gone through sharpening and increased saturation levels, and no increase in resolution over the vanilla textures which look pretty horrible.

i've looked everywhere and it seems like rygel's might be the only one.

i'm incredibly surprised to see that no one created a true HD textures pack for crysis 1 like maLDo HD did for crysis 2.

this game looks pretty great with modified configs and TOD, but it falls completely flat when it comes to textures. i'm already using slicers HD foliage and vegetation which look good, but rygel's textures look like ass. again, i'm looking for a TRUE hd pack, not crappy re-sharpened vanilla textures like rygel.

if anyone knows, shoot me a line.

Last edited:

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
does anyone know of texture packs other then rygel's? i've been playing with rygel's but his pack is vanilla textures which have gone through sharpening and increased saturation levels, and no increase in resolution over the vanilla textures which look pretty horrible.

i've looked everywhere and it seems like rygel's might be the only one.

i'm incredibly surprised to see that no one created a true HD textures pack for crysis 1 like maLDo HD did for crysis 2.

this game looks pretty great with modified configs and TOD, but it falls completely flat when it comes to textures. i'm already using slicers HD foliage and vegetation which look good, but rygel's textures look like ass. again, i'm looking for a TRUE hd pack, not crappy re-sharpened vanilla textures like rygel.

if anyone knows, shoot me a line.

Aside from Silent's High-Res foliage and the ones you mentioned, there aren't any good texture packs that I know of.

I'm really surprised at this as well. There are some really horrible textures in this game.....it really needs a good "MalDoHD" type of overhaul.

New weapon sounds would be good as well.

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
you are in good hands with Stringjam here.

One quick question, is Crysis 1 with mods still better looking than Crysis 2 with texture and dx11 updates?