crysis beta problem

kevinf2090

Jul 23, 2005
i just got a x1950 pro to upgrade my old 6600gt. even on lowest settings, i would see yellow textures just pop out. i thought that the x1950 pro can at least play it at medium settings and perfect at low settings. is it just because this is a beta. will it be fixed in the final version

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
The yellow textures go away after a couple minutes of play. I think it loads them as they are needed.

kevinf2090

Jul 23, 2005
so is this caused by a weak video card or will the problem go away once the final version releases

Bibble

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2006
I had yellow textures the first few times I played, but I never see them now. I'm using an 8800gts. I'd bet the problem will go away by the time the game comes out.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I had them too when I played, but the game sucked so bad that I uninstalled it after about 30 minutes so i didn't care.

SOSTrooper

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2001
Yah I had that problem as well, and I have an 8800GTS. So it's not a video card problem.

Ryland

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: pontifex
I had them too when I played, but the game sucked so bad that I uninstalled it after about 30 minutes so i didn't care.

What was bad about it?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Ryland

What was bad about it?

bf2 clone, players are extremely small unless you are right on top of them, takes too long to walk/run between points, ran like crap even with all the settings set to low.

Ryland

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2001

What was bad about it?

bf2 clone, players are extremely small unless you are right on top of them, takes too long to walk/run between points, ran like crap even with all the settings set to low.

That was in multiplayer mode, right? Have they released the single player beta yet?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

What was bad about it?

That was in multiplayer mode, right? Have they released the single player beta yet?

yeah, MP only. i don't think there is a SP demo out yet.

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
You will notice that when you play the first few times the level isn't completely loaded. You must continue play with these malfunctions in order to give it a chance to fully load. Then you will no longer have this issue, even after system shutdown.

To Ponti: SP Demo is out on the 26th along with modding tools, map editor (Sandbox2).