Cryptocoin Mining?

Page 507 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

njdevilsfan87

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2007
My biggest concern right now is that we may not see a BTC spike. The bubble cycle looks like it may have been broken. We're going to find out very, very soon. If it is broken then all of crypto is going to collapse into a long term bear market.

Everyone has been waiting and expecting another bubble to happen, myself included for some time, but that mindset has kind of changed. Well, if it does all crash to nothing, I've secured some profits recently so I won't be at a loss. :thumbsup:

DownTheSky

Apr 7, 2013
Everyone has been waiting and expecting another bubble to happen, myself included for some time, but that mindset has kind of changed. Well, if it does all crash to nothing, I've secured some profits recently so I won't be at a loss. :thumbsup:

I'm in the same boat. Still kind of upset I didn't buy RDD earlier, immediately after the crash, and sold BTC too late.

DownTheSky

Apr 7, 2013
How do I get the purple line? (midterm price fluctuation). The yellow and blue are default.
WUxQ5uC.png

Last edited:

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
I think most have moved on. The bubble consisted of people's parents, siblings, and "investors" getting into it through word of mouth and media. All that's gone. Crypto had its chance. It'll be hard to get back into the eye of the normal person.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
I think most have moved on. The bubble consisted of people's parents, siblings, and "investors" getting into it through word of mouth and media. All that's gone. Crypto had its chance. It'll be hard to get back into the eye of the normal person.

Bitcoin gathering got too centralized. Mt.Gox fraud also really really hurt it's legitimacy. I wonder if we could track the price based on the median hashpower of independent workers as well as number of independent workers.

Possible Lesson.

Better controls, not necessarily lack of controls.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003

No way. Bitcoin is too big to fail! We just need a big government subsidy to prevent the collapse.

Sattern

Jul 20, 2014
Skylercompany.com
I personally think mining any coin after the news outbreaks means it will cost more in energy than the coins are worth.

Your best bet to get going with Cryptocurrencies is to buy them low and sell them when there is hype and repurchase it again.

Bitcoin is known to fall 50 dollars one day and rise 100 the next.

It's unstable, but perfect for hungry investors.

x3sphere

Jul 22, 2009
www.exophase.com
I'm surprised the price has rebounded so fast. I honestly expected it to stay below $450 for awhile. Have to admit that was a scary drop considering there was no news really driving it, yet here we are now trading above $510.

dajeepster

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2001
cgminer 4.3.5 for gridseed and blade if you have them... works on nicehash

or send me an email and i'll send you the link... apparently "*********" is a bad word when used in a link and gets **** out... WTF?! D: ... I give up :colbert:

just go to cryptomining-bl og.com and search gridseed :sneaky: :ninja:

Last edited:

Mark R

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
KNC have announced that their "titan" 300 MH/s scrypt/scrypt N miner starts shipping next week.

Alpha have announced that they have a nearly completed their miner PCB design, and are busy "optimising power and thermal parameters by simulation" for their chips.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
What's the profitability numbers on those rigs? Not that I would get one, but it's interesting. The Bitcoin is slowly sliding downwards. The altcoins are even worse. Bitcoin hit 1200 at its max, and now down to almost a third at 470. Litecoin fell from 50 down to 5'ish. It's brutal. Unless those scrypt rigs pull in major money you have to have a lot of balls/faith in altcoin market.

Brekyrself

Sep 29, 2008
www.swapwheels.com
What's the profitability numbers on those rigs? Not that I would get one, but it's interesting. The Bitcoin is slowly sliding downwards. The altcoins are even worse. Bitcoin hit 1200 at its max, and now down to almost a third at 470. Litecoin fell from 50 down to 5'ish. It's brutal. Unless those scrypt rigs pull in major money you have to have a lot of balls/faith in altcoin market.

Exactly this. Adding to the fact that some of the latest interesting alt's have no mining at all since they are based on PoS.

BitShares, Nxt, etc...

KingFatty

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2010
Just FYI, paypal has adopted bitcoin. That may affect demand once they get it set up and rolling, if they need to acquire some bitcoins to jump start their foray into digital coins.

Mark R

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
KNC must be "testing" their customer's machines.

400 GH of scrypt power suddenly appeared, ex nihil and landed on DOGE this morning.

njdevilsfan87

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2007
I should probably start mining again because I have free power

I mine start up again soon as well, as the nights are really starting to cool down again. While I'll probably make nothing day to day as my electricity is not free, if there's going to be another run up in the BTC market, the profits could be realized then.

Mark R

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
*sigh*
I don't know what I expected.

You may be right. I think I was wrong about the hash.

DOGE changed its mining system, so it can be merge-mined with litecoin. So, if a pool successfully mines a LTC block, they can claim some DOGE as well. Because of differences in block time, some dedicated mining is needed for DOGE - but about 40% of DOGE mining is delivered "free".

So, a lot of the hash-rate increase may be "double-counted" LTC hash that also was accepted by DOGE.

That said, this can't be the whole story, because LTC itself has gone up by about 200 GH/s over the last 24 hours. Some of this will be multi-pools moving to mergemined LTC/DOGE due to improved profitability, but there isn't really that much spare hash capacity mining turd-coins to move to LTC.

A decent proportion of this must be real, new hash power.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I hope this DOGE action starts another altcoin P&D cycle!

Heh, this is one of the few times where I've heard someone admit that Dogecoin is a Pump and Dump coin.

All of the Dogecoin faithful seem to think that it's this amazing community charitable effort.

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
DOGE is an obvious pump and dump, but its fanatics won't hear it... so why bother fighting them over it. its their money to bet