cry for help...

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Alot of agencies, depending on where you live, offer counseling based on income. Maybe you could look into this......

Bobsteroo

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2000
Look around Moot everybody is the same old everyone. What makes you think your a psychiatric standout?

M00T

Golden Member
Mar 12, 2000
my command wouldn't let me. they'd make me go see the chaplain. I don't want to be put on suicide watch, i just want someone to reprogram me or something

bob: i don't stand out, but it does hurt... i'm not trying to be like anyone else

Bobsteroo

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2000
Moot I understand how you feel about the military stuff, but you have to get out of your own head...try volunteering sometime at a shelter and see you really don't have it that bad. I don't mean to sound harsh, but you have alot to offer people who have it harder than you.

kabelogo

Banned
Dec 1, 1999
the six years I spent in the military, i never had the fortune of sitting around in barracks playing on the internet. I don't know what this post was about, but by the tail end of messages, you have to know other people have it much tougher, in and out of the military.
Try spending 9 or more months in the field, all over the world, pissing away christmas after christmas in countries where they don't even give a dam. living out of a ruck for months at a time.

Life is a bitch, but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

If this doesn't apply, you shouldn't have changed your post in the first place.:)

damien6

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Ditto on what kabelogo already said.

Except I've spent 7yrs in as a light infantry, mechanized infantry, air assault infantry, airborne ranger, 81mm mortar + four duece (gunner) and back to light infantry unit w/short fling in an air artillery until I got sick of not "humping it" on my own steam. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 14 article fifteens, three demotions (fight w/an NCO, AWOL, bar fights, etc...), Expert Infantry badge for kicking cadavers around while Hussein stalls UN oversea, bucket full of medals for things I don't remember anymore and they decide to promote you to E6 just before you get out. The time flew so fast I didn't even have enough to get depressed.
Try being Asain American in the US Army and see if you stand out. Where many civilians off post picked on you for being different even when you're a US soldier because "your skin color is different". See if you can mingle w/ the local women the same as everyone else if you stand out. I fought that fight all the way through but I'm still a live and kicking SOB I always was. Same goes for what that CID thought about "minority" way to be accepted by the superiors is to turn in your fellow brothers. I had laughed hard, especially when he accidentaly fell off the third floor in a locked locker during a party because his assumption was appalling as his insult to me was personally. Everyone on the base had a good laugh over that one.

When you get out of the service, do some travelings (within the US) and you'll see some who doesn't have it easy enough to contemplate their own sorrows the life had dealt them because they're too busy fighting it day by day. Whether in the hills of Tenn.+ Kentucky or poorer quarters of Alabama + Louisiana or in the poorest quarters of every major cities in the US. There are always those less fortunate than most. You can't name too many places in the lower 48 states I haven't visited, traveled or slept in. I've seen things that makes me infuriated beyond belief because of the $$$ (donations) that pours out to other foreign nations ,whether headed by the politicians or some famous entertainers, when there are many people in dire needs here in our own turf. Unfair? Sure. You could add to that, help address that or ignore it and hopes it goes away. I tell you what, compared to something like that, I'm doing just fine.