Crowfall- PvP MMO "With Consequences"

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Any AT’ers in This game?
Does it have any potential or is it a super easy mmo or worse a Korean grinder?
I haven't paid attention to it in a long time. I'd say it's neither of those things. It's pretty complicated and I think the character building is one of the funner aspects. But I found the gear progression a bit grindy, but not like the Korean games or even GW2 where you had to run boring dungeons just to get PvP gear you wanted.

That said, I'm surprised how much is left on the feature lest for the last push. Those are major gameplay elements.

Feb 4, 2009
I haven't paid attention to it in a long time. I'd say it's neither of those things. It's pretty complicated and I think the character building is one of the funner aspects. But I found the gear progression a bit grindy, but not like the Korean games or even GW2 where you had to run boring dungeons just to get PvP gear you wanted.

That said, I'm surprised how much is left on the feature lest for the last push. Those are major gameplay elements.

I like the model they are running with, pay for the game, no monthly fee.
I’m okay paying $40-60 for something that will be good and last. There should be enough revenue with that pay model to last.
Weird to say but hopefully they don’t panic and go free to play or some bargain basement cost.
Weird how decent cost games with a monthly fee are good but unpopulated and I really don’t want to pay monthly for something I won’t play often.
Free to play sounds great until you realize the massive restrictions and general clownery of the players since it’s free.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
If beta ever rolls around I'll look at it again. I do agree on the price of the game without a sub. Is that the permanent pricing model though or just because it isn't finished yet?

Feb 4, 2009
If beta ever rolls around I'll look at it again. I do agree on the price of the game without a sub. Is that the permanent pricing model though or just because it isn't finished yet?

Per previous poster it’s been in early access/beta for at least a year.
Per the 2019 poster it will be released February 2020.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Per previous poster it’s been in early access/beta for at least a year.
Per the 2019 poster it will be released February 2020.

Sorry, I should clarify. I meant the free beta listed on their site. I checked their forums earlier today and they are still in alpha. From what I've read over 10 minutes of glancing on their forum, the game won't be out of beta until 2021. So still in alpha now, beta some time next year and final release in about 1.5 years from now.

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
I like the model they are running with, pay for the game, no monthly fee.
I’m okay paying $40-60 for something that will be good and last. There should be enough revenue with that pay model to last.
Weird to say but hopefully they don’t panic and go free to play or some bargain basement cost.
Weird how decent cost games with a monthly fee are good but unpopulated and I really don’t want to pay monthly for something I won’t play often.
Free to play sounds great until you realize the massive restrictions and general clownery of the players since it’s free.
There's still a monthly pay model, it just isn't required. Skill progression works on an advancement tree that levels automatically over time. If you pay a monthly fee you can queue skills up. If you don't pay the monthly I think you can only queue one so you have to be more diligent about logging in to optimize your advancement. I don't have this quite right but that's the gist of it.

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
My guild plays this and they seem to dig it a lot. I'm not big into PVP so I didn't join in with them but the game looks great.

Feb 4, 2009
I'd love it to work out however I've had a decade of disappointments from games that claim to being consequences back to mmo worlds

Hey past Meat, you’ve been selected to join the beta. Sadly you’ve been screwed by so many mmos you are not that excited to join this beta.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
basic gameplay is alright, it's a slide show when you get a lot of people on the screen at once though unless they have fixed that in the last year