Cro Cop out of UFC going to...

kinev

Golden Member
Mar 28, 2005
Bye-bye Cro Cop

Wow. Sure he looked bad, but I thought that the UFC would at least let him finish out his contract. FEG is apparently "a combined effort of K-1 and the former Pride promotion". FEG is going to have Fedor and Royce fight in their organization, too. I at least hope they don't follow the "let's make it like wrestling" mentality that pervades Japanese MMA.

edit:
Link

Seems like Cro Cop and Dana White are both expecting him to eventually return to the UFC. Interesting.....

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
How's the testing regulations in FEG?

IMHO, Cro Cop either wasn't that good to begin with (which is possible, but I don't believe it) or he was taking something to help him out before he came to UFC.

kinev

Golden Member
Mar 28, 2005
Originally posted by: BigJ

IMHO, Cro Cop either wasn't that good to begin with (which is possible, but I don't believe it) or he was taking something to help him out before he came to UFC.

Doubt there are any because they'll be in Japan. It's pretty widely speculated that the testing done in the UFC is the reason that a lot of the former Pride fighters aren't looking too hot. I'm not a Pride-nut-hugger nor a TUF-noob, so I never got into the whole "which organization is better" debate.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003

Taking something doesn't take away his kicks he was known to land. He just sucked in both of his fights...like he didn't care or something.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH

Taking something doesn't take away his kicks he was known to land. He just sucked in both of his fights...like he didn't care or something.

that was my impression

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
my question is... did the ufc let him walk, buy him out, or just fire him?

edit - ok... he was released.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
oh well, at least he's still fighting. as long as there is hope that we'll still get to see him cave someones head in with his shin, im happy.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
Originally posted by: torpid
Originally posted by: fisher
WEC is where it's at anyway.

I do enjoy watching Urijah Faber. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

dude is a beast. too bad he's not fighting tonight, but he did a number on jeff curran last event.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
wow. chase beebe gets tapped. razor rob gets knocked out. hope condit keeps his title tonight!

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: StevenYoo
Royce as in Royce gracie?

no, silly.

Ed Royce

Reread the OP's link. They are talking about Royce Gracie......

Videotape messages were played with Fedor Emelianenko and Royce Gracie saying they would fight with the new group, but didn't indicate they would be on the debut show. They announced a business relationship with
M-1 Global to book Emelianenko.

kinev

Golden Member
Mar 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Jmman
Originally posted by: StevenYoo
Royce as in Royce gracie?

no, silly.

Ed Royce

Reread the OP's link. They are talking about Royce Gracie......

Videotape messages were played with Fedor Emelianenko and Royce Gracie saying they would fight with the new group, but didn't indicate they would be on the debut show. They announced a business relationship with
M-1 Global to book Emelianenko.

Quoted for hilarity.

:D