Crime Rate is EXPLODING in NYC, and the stats prove it.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Oh yes the NYPD is afraid to "enforce"

Video Shows Cop Punching Man on Manhattan Subway. DA Vance Charges Rider With Assault

https://www.thecity.nyc/2020/7/14/21324745/video-shows-cop-punching-man-on-manhattan-subway

I don't think a lot of people can wrap their minds around what a travesty the police and justice system is in the country's largest city. They pretty much behave like a gang and have near total immunity for illegal and unprofessional behavior.

Who knew punching someone in the head could hurt your hand.

I don't typically link, view, whatever dailymail because wtf, but here's some footage.

The officer actually hit the metal pole when punching the guy in the head. The homeless needs a payday for getting beat down for no reason.

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
This is all over Fox News about NYC being the wild west, ect. Calls for de Blasio to resign. This is Trump's campaign on the lawlessness of Dem controlled cities & states that only he can clean up.

Six of Trump's closest allies, friends and employees are felons. That should tell everyone what they need to know about Trump being the POTUS of "law and order."

Reactions: hal2kilo

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Six of Trump's closest allies, friends and employees are felons. That should tell everyone what they need to know about Trump being the POTUS of "law and order."
But you forget the power of the RW cult, they truly believe Trump.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
This is all over Fox News about NYC being the wild west, ect. Calls for de Blasio to resign. This is Trump's campaign on the lawlessness of Dem controlled cities & states that only he can clean up.
It's almost as if they just keep running the same story over, and over, and over. again. Fox has famously put crime stories as one of their main reporting. Fear sells.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Defund the police? The criminals are licking their lips right now. You can expect higher crime rates in not just NYC, but in many multiple cities. Police are scared to enforce.

The crime rate and COVID explosion in NYC have nothing to do with the police. Both correlate to de Blasio’s failures as a leader. There are alternative approaches to policing, we need to shift to the model used in European cities, but that will also require a concerted effort to get guns off the streets.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Dominate the Streets!

Mar 11, 2004
OP's mind being blown because he apparently can't be bothered to read what he posts.

Maybe they can get McCain's daughter to talk about how its a war zone while she's in a completely different state and has no clue what she's talking about?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
OK so apparently a great many of you have never been in a country where the system has broken down completely, nor have you seen such things on the news.
The criminals are not gonna "take over and run things". Not even close.
You know what will happen?
Something much worse.
The citizens are gonna arm themselves, start tracking down criminals, and dole out street justice. Thats a whole lot uglier and also most likely.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
OP's mind being blown because he apparently can't be bothered to read what he posts.

Maybe they can get McCain's daughter to talk about how its a war zone while she's in a completely different state and has no clue what she's talking about?
She's too busy talking about Cancel Culture.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
*NOW YOU STAND THERE AND TAKE YOUR MACE TO THE FACE OR I WILL PUNCH YOUR TEETH IN*

That dude was broken and posing no threat, why is he getting punched and maced again? Dude broken. Only someone enjoying it continues from there.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
(Call sisters who live in Uptown Manhattan in the "bad part")
- It's pretty quiet. Gonna go for a walk later and get some Dominican food
(Calls Sister who lives in Brooklyn)
- It's pretty quiet.
(Hears from NYPD relative who works in "dangerous area filled with the dark skinned people and latino people")
- It's pretty quiet. We don't see many problems.
(Hears from Friends in Manhattan and Queens and Bronx)
- It's pretty quiet
(Hears from friend who frequents areas with protesters setting up camps )
- It's pretty chill. Peoiple are just hanging out talking. Random cops just playing on word with friends on their phones

Drives to the fucking city and walks around
- It's pretty chill

Here's from a someone on the internet who visited for a day
- It was Terrifying!!! It was crime ridden!!!
Here's from a someone has never been to NYC but saw something on the News
- IT's anarchy!!! The statistics prove that what I saw on that TV show!!!

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
- It's pretty quiet.
(Hears from NYPD relative who works in "dangerous area filled with the dark skinned people and latino people")
- It's pretty quiet
- It's pretty chill. Peoiple are just hanging out talking. Random cops just playing on word with friends on their phones

- It's pretty chill

Fox disagrees, and they'll have an interview with a NYC cop to prove it.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
- It's pretty quiet.
- It's pretty quiet

- It's pretty chill

Went to NYC for the first time about a year ago. I was actually surprised with how laid back it was. Aside from all the fucking honking it was fairly quiet too.

Gotta say those subways are fucking terrifying though. I can't believe that system is even functional given the state of disrepair it's in.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Them "pigs" asked for it, right guys? So much for "peaceful" protest, eh? /s
The SBA? LOL.

That union should be disbanded. So sick of people who are paid to be public servants lying to the public without consequence. They need to be held accountable.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Went to NYC for the first time about a year ago. I was actually surprised with how laid back it was. Aside from all the fucking honking it was fairly quiet too.

Gotta say those subways are fucking terrifying though. I can't believe that system is even functional given the state of disrepair it's in.
I take the subways regularly. Aside from appearances and occasional delays, it's pretty good at getting folks to where they need to go.( Excluding specific lines that I normally don't take but I hear people complain. )Just need to get over the initial shock value.

I get the WTF factor. I think everyone deals with that the first go around until they learn that it's just another way to get around the city and no one is going to bother you.

Disclaimer, my experience as a man is going to differ from woman. I can take a subway from down town up to Harlem at 3am and have no worries.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I take the subways regularly. Aside from appearances and occasional delays, it's pretty good at getting folks to where they need to go.( Excluding specific lines that I normally don't take but I hear people complain. )Just need to get over the initial shock value.

I get the WTF factor. I think everyone deals with that the first go around until they learn that it's just another way to get around the city and no one is going to bother you.

Disclaimer, my experience as a man is going to differ from woman. I can take a subway from down town up to Harlem at 3am and have no worries.
Oh, what I was referencing wasn't anything to do with the people, I meant the disrepair of the damned trains and tracks! I swear some of those overhead runs and stations are held together with bailing wire and hope.