Crest Whitestrips for $27.99 shipped!

JumpOnDeals

Platinum Member
Dec 20, 2000
Drugstore.com

Crest Whitestrips is on sale for $27.99. Plus, get it shipped free by using the FREE shipping coupon (can be found) on orders of $25+.

If you're a new customer you can use the FREE Burt's Bees 8-Piece Gift Set ($11.99 value) with $15+ orders coupon, but then you can't use the Free Shipping coupon. But if your order is over $49 there is automatically free shipping on everything.

Steve

Dan2

Jun 7, 2000
Don't mean to thread crap, but I could've sworn I paid right about that much in town at Wal Mart and it came with a free toothbrush (a nice one) and whitening toothpaste.

These things are highly recommended; your teeth will shine like pearls after you use em. :)

Boci

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
do they bleach your teeth? how do they make u'r teeth whiter? I've been trying to find info on this for a long time so if any1 knows, please let me know thanks.

Tiembo

Aug 25, 2002
Yeah, they're about $25 + tax at most stores. I also find the occasional Proctor & Gamble $7 off coupon in the Sunday newspaper. Just the facts...

They use hydrogen peroxide as the whitening agent. I just finished the top strips, and can definitely notice a difference.

Dood

Aug 16, 2001

Sam's Club sells a TWO PACK of whitestrips with the bonus toothbrush/toothpast for $34.

StayPuff

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Boci
do they bleach your teeth? how do they make u'r teeth whiter? I've been trying to find info on this for a long time so if any1 knows, please let me know thanks.

The primary cleaning agent is peroxide. I've used them (bought the big ol' 2-pack from Sam's for me and my wife a few months back) and we're happy with the results.

Aar0n

May 15, 2001
hydrogen peroxide is ~$2/bottle. Just gargle with the stuff. As always, make sure not to swallow... aye.

deramon

Jun 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Aar0n
hydrogen peroxide is ~$2/bottle. Just gargle with the stuff. As always, make sure not to swallow... aye.

You got to be kidding, right?

TripleAAA

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2002
I started using Whitestrips a few weeks back and do notice a difference. They're fairly easy to use as well.

Phil938

Apr 15, 2001
Yeah, thanks BLoop! This is probably going to push me over the edge to finally try these things.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Phil938
Yeah, thanks BLoop! This is probably going to push me over the edge to finally try these things.

Me too, at least it would if the link would work.

Jejunum

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2000

that wont work to whiten ur teeth because the hydrogen peroxide needs to penetrate the top layer of your teeth (the stains are NOT on the top layer) thats why the hydrogen peroxide is contained in a gel formula...another reason why white strips should work better than the competeing colgate products (strips stay on easier and longer)

kantonburg

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Do a search on here for whitestrips. There have been numerous discussions about it. Yes they work. I guess that sums up all discussions :)

My fiance has used them twice. The first time I could tell a difference. Then she did it again 6 months later and the 2nd time it was VERY drastic. MUCH MUCH whiter. The $7.00 of coupon is awsome especially when CVS has them on sale for $24.99

Naps

Jan 26, 2002
I posted this just a little while back in another Crest Whitestrip Post:

Tuesday, December 10, 2002 12:49 AM

Hi guys I'm a Dentist let me drop some knowledge on these Crest Strips and give you as much as I know. Let's actually begin with what has been proven effective in order of efficacy(lowest to highest).

"Whitening Toothpaste"- the toothpaste contains nothing more than normal fluoride dentrifices(toothpastes) and a special abrasive. The abrasive is the "whitening agent". That's what they don't tell you. There might be a little Hydrogen Peroxide in the toothpaste, but the only way you are going to get the Hydrogen Peroxide to work is to keep it on your teeth for 5+ hours(this is a low guess since the Hydrogen Peroxide has a concentration of >1 %). Now how long does it take to brush your teeth? 1 minute? 3 Minutes? You'd have to leave this stuff on your teeth for hours. "Whitening toothpaste" is not worth it, I even tell my patients the toothpaste that comes with the bleaching kits I sell are not worth using.

Crest Strips- I really like this product. Crest is a great company, they stand behind their product. I have a few patients who use the OTC version as well as the professional kits, and they love it. Hydrogen Peroxide is the "whitening agent" in this product. The OTC concentration of Crest Strips is 6.5%, in the professional kit the concentration is a bit higher(MSDS says 35% in solution). Now, the only issue I have against the strips is the application of the strip. The strip is placed over the teeth and sometimes the bleaching agent comes in contact with your gum tissues, tongue, and other soft tissues not meant to be bleached. It basically gets everywhere and is somewhat messy. If you have any kind of malocclusions, tipped, and/or rotated teeth I would not recommend the strips. It's a great product don't get me wrong, I prescribe a 20% Carbamide Peroxide bleaching tube and it is just as effective as the Professional Crest Strip Kit, as far as bleaching power. Let's move on to Dentist prescribed bleaching options.

Dentist-Prescribed - There are a bunch of options out there, whether you do a one stop in-office bleaching session or an at home kit. The in office bleaching session is where we can get out our "big-gun" bleach. We're talking 30-40% Carbamide Peroxide, it can bump almost anyone a few shades in less than an hour. The bleach is activated by heat from a powerful blue light. The blue light is usually a powerful halogen light. I was told by a bleaching expert that you could just use a blowdryer to activate the in-office bleach but that would probably scare everyone away. Okay possible side effects of an in-office session? Burns, burns, burns. Chemical burns are no joke, a little dab of this stuff on soft tissue will cause a burn if left more than 20 seconds sometimes less.

At home kits are in my opinion, the best option. What has to be done first is we make a mold of your mouth. This is done by taking an impression of your upper arch of teeth, then your lower arch. The impressions are then poured up and a custom tray is formed specifically for your teeth. The tray will only fit your mouth. This method of application of bleach gets the bleaching agent to the specific teeth. Minimal bleach comes in contact with your gums, provided the trays are made well and you wipe the excess bleach away. The only possible side effect with at home kits, as well as any other bleaching option is sensitivity. Whether it is tooth or gum sensitivity, the sensitivity is transient. Meaning, if you stop bleaching, the sensitivity will dissipate. The only issue with at home kits is price. Once you shell out the money for the trays however, the bleach is inexpesive. Trays can run you from 300-600$ depending on the dentist. Bleaching tubes (pack of four can last you up to a year--2 years if you refrigerate the pack) 20-50$.

Things you need to take care of before you bleach-- This is important, I tell all my patients this before I prescribe any bleaching product. Composite/Plastic/Tooth Colored fillings/Crowns/Porcelain inlays/onlays do not bleach like your natural teeth. If you bleach and have a lot of fillings/crowns that were done on the front 6-8 teeth, those teeth will be more noticeable(shades will not match) more after you bleach. What that means is you might have to have those fillings/crowns redone to match your new bleaching shade. Of importance also is your periodontal health. Teeth that are loose, have large cavities, have pain/sensitivity, are contraindicated for bleaching. Sorry I rambled a bit, any questions Dental-related please feel free to email me napzard@yahoo.com

Aar0n

May 15, 2001
I was actually kidding about the whole gargling with hydrogen peroxide bit... :)

Thanks for the explanation Naps.

xDrAGoNx

Feb 1, 2002
i bet the reason they include the free toothpaste is to confuse the user into thinking the toothpaste plays a big role in whitening, therefore they will become a regular user of the over-priced whitening toothpaste.

stingygrrl

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Dood
Sam's Club sells a TWO PACK of whitestrips with the bonus toothbrush/toothpast for $34.

my sam's has them for $44, with some free toothpaste :( just checked it out yesterday

donxvi

Jan 15, 2001
Found another decent possibility... Under the premise that a couple bucks more for more can be worth it.
I saw a commercial for White Brilliance... it's 16% like the dentists use. It won the Good Housekeeping comparison over WhiteStrips and seems more user friendly to me. The WhiteStrips are supposed to be used twice a day for 30 minutes. Well, I know those things make you talk funny, so I'm pretty much only gonna do it at home and if I'm gonna space these out something like evenly, it ain't gonna happen twice a day. I might could do it before I drive to work, and pull 'em out there... anyways, this stuff is stronger (so I suppose it's important to be careful with it!) and you use it for "4 hrs" a day. Hopefully that can be 6 hours at night. That's my plan anyways. SO, you can go to White Brilliance and order 2x 5 use packs for $29.95 + 6.95 shipping. A little more than Crest, but this stuff works like at the dentist, so 1 use is quite effective. They've also got a monster pack for $10 more. I think this is the official site, as opposed to the people running the TV commercial at whiteb.com. This site is a little less reassuring as they want to sign you up for a "maintenance" program for $9.95/month, automatically charged to your card, and I didn't notice a privacy policy, either. But their shipping is $2 cheaper... you decide.
I've gotten a dentist whitening before (so I'll probably use my custom made top tray) and it was quite noticeable and people commented on my smile afterwards, so go get those pearly whites sparkling one way or the other!
:D