credit card minimum in restaurants

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Nik
Originally posted by: Nebor
I limit my remarks to you and gigapet. As a result, I only have three people on the boards who hate me, whereas you have legions.

Way to exaggerate, Bender!

Exaggerate? You think when I calculate the number of people who hate me, I should count you as only 1.5 people instead of 2?

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
When this guy owns you, hard, it's going to be great. It would be better if you tried to come back after that, but generally after everyone's seen what an ass you are in a particular thread, you slink away and don't post in it anymore.

Are you quite done, Nancy?
...and Nik, facing a losing battle, falls back onto anti-gay slurs. Classy.

stonecold3169

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: stonecold3169
Visa Rules

Mastercard rules

Amex rules

Mastercard and Visa specifically state that you can not charge usage OR minimum charges.

Amex says that you can charge minimums, but if you accept Visa or Mastercard, you can not charge for amex since visa and mastercard must be free and that would discriminate.

There, happy?

Wow, I've got a lot of companies to turn in.

Way to admit you're wrong. Owned

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Visa Rules

Mastercard rules

Amex rules

Mastercard and Visa specifically state that you can not charge usage OR minimum charges.

Amex says that you can charge minimums, but if you accept Visa or Mastercard, you can not charge for amex since visa and mastercard must be free and that would discriminate.

There, happy?

Way to admit you're wrong. Owned

Um, I DID admit I'm wrong you fvcking idiot!

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Visa Rules

Mastercard rules

Amex rules

There, happy?

I think you should apologize for saying he was, and I quote "full of poop."

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: hjo3
When this guy owns you, hard, it's going to be great. It would be better if you tried to come back after that, but generally after everyone's seen what an ass you are in a particular thread, you slink away and don't post in it anymore.

He makes fun of my weight, so I make fun of his sexuality. He's no better or worse than I am, yet you focus on me. Why is that?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

Jesus, I hope the anti-gay slurs weren't crushed in the accident.

stonecold3169

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
Also, Nik, you really can and will get companies investigated... At my university we called and complained about the $10 minimum charge in the dining halls, and guess what? Less then 24 hours and it was resolved.

also, as a former FES at Home Depot, we would get a call or 2 a week with them checking up on us when customers would report usage charges on their cards... of course, it was always because they were logoed debit cards, but they would definitely call and ask to chat with me and ask me to provide documentation.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001

He makes fun of my weight, so I make fun of his sexuality. He's no better or worse than I am, yet you focus on me. Why is that?

Making fun of something you can't control and making fun of something you can control are two different things.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: BigJ

Making fun of something you can't control and making fun of something you can control are two different things.

Not really.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Also, Nik, you really can and will get companies investigated... At my university we called and complained about the $10 minimum charge in the dining halls, and guess what? Less then 24 hours and it was resolved.

also, as a former FES at Home Depot, we would get a call or 2 a week with them checking up on us when customers would report usage charges on their cards... of course, it was always because they were logoed debit cards, but they would definitely call and ask to chat with me and ask me to provide documentation.

Cool. That's good to know.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
I limit my remarks to you and gigapet. As a result, I only have three people on the boards who hate me, whereas you have legions.

Way to exaggerate, Bender!

how is he exaggerating?

Find more than 2000 people who legitimately hate me.

:laugh:

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

Hey, if I'd seen him do it I woulda said something there too. It's wrong to mock anyone for either.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

Hey, if I'd seen him do it I woulda said something there too. It's wrong to mock anyone for either.

Well he's done it in this very thread, among many others. I await your public chastisement of Nebor!

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

I enjoy our mocking. I have to say, the disparity in our cruelty to one another sometimes makes me feel bad. It's like he's pulling his punches.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

Well he's done it in this very thread, among many others. I await your public chastisement of Nebor!

Yeah, let me have it. Hard. And from behind.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I enjoy our mocking. I have to say, the disparity in our cruelty to one another sometimes makes me feel bad. It's like he's pulling his punches.

I also enjoy a good ribbing (hey no gay jokes) but I often find it difficult to justify my good material in most insulting volleys :p

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

Ohhhh, I only just now got that "crushed in the accident" comment. Just for the record, without knowing Nik's overweight it just looks like an amusing pun.

Nebor, you're an asshat too.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Ohhhh, I only just now got that "crushed in the accident" comment. Just for the record, without knowing Nik's overweight it just looks like an amusing pun.

Nebor, you're an asshat too.

Sigh.

Now I can sleep well at night.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

I also enjoy a good ribbing (hey no gay jokes) but I often find it difficult to justify my good material in most insulting volleys :p

Ribbing? How big do you think I am? :Q

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

I don't see how it would amusing otherwise. :confused:

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

I find that exchange strangely heartwarming.