credit card minimum in restaurants

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: hjo3
Ohhhh, I only just now got that "crushed in the accident" comment. Just for the record, without knowing Nik's overweight it just looks like an amusing pun.

I don't see how it would amusing otherwise. :confused:
Strike that. Replace "amusing" with "lame."

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: hjo3
Originally posted by: Nik
Originally posted by: Nebor
I enjoy our mocking. I have to say, the disparity in our cruelty to one another sometimes makes me feel bad. It's like he's pulling his punches.

I also enjoy a good ribbing (hey no gay jokes) but I often find it difficult to justify my good material in most insulting volleys :p
I find that exchange strangely heartwarming.

Well don't come looking for a hug :p

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Crazyfool
Originally posted by: EmperorIQ
so this place said there is a $10 min for CC. my meal came out to 9.96 and the guy said its a 10 min. I told him that 4 cents isn't much, so he asked if he can charge me 10 flat! I should have left a tip of 4 cents, since its worth so damn much to them!

I would have left a 4 cent tip. That is nonsense.

Not only would I have done that, I HAVE done that. Virtually the exact same situation, too, though the difference was about 0.50. I gave them two quarters and said "this is for however you want to spend it... you can either apply it to my bill to meet the minimum or it's your tip. It's up to you."

They were pretty pissed.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
LOL I just noticed Nebor's new sig.

People who use CC to pay for meals usually means they have ZERO dollar in the bank acct. Poor bastards.

xospec1alk

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Baked

People who use CC to pay for meals usually means they have ZERO dollar in the bank acct. Poor bastards.

i use my CC to pay for meals, because i don't feel like running to the bank everytime i want to eat out...especially when it costs upwards of 100 bucks....

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005

Wanna bet? I carry ZERO cash on me. I have enough money in my checking account alone to get me through two months sans salary, double that in one money market, half that in another, and just over $40k in investments that could be liquidated at the drop of a hat. Then there?s my 401k, etc etc etc.

Cash and checks are OUT ;)

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
Sorry, but it's moronic to pay in cash and withdraw money from ATMs if you can use a credit card that gives bonuses for every dollar spent and then just pay it online immediately. Slightly better (than cash) is using a debit card instead of said credit card, because then at least you still don't have to carry cash around.

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
People who make overgeneralizations like this are usually idiots. Poor bastards.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com

Some people carry 0 balance on their credit cards at the end of the month, but use their cards exclusively for every purchase possible. Why??? Airmiles, rewards programs, etc. I had a boss who used a credit card to purchase virtually every last supply for his restaurant. Plenty of free trips to Vegas for him via rewards programs.