Credit card bill sent to wrong address + late payment = hurt credit score?

cw42

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
I signed up for a store credit card, and they put down the wrong city in my address. The statement date was 2/9/07, and the payment due date is 3/4/07. I JUST received my CC bill TODAY in the mail. So, right now on the bill there's a finance charge and a $25 late fee.

I've only had 2 credit cards for a few years now, and have always paid everything on-time with zero balance. Will this hurt my credit score?

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Shouldn't hurt you unless it's 30 days late.

Edit: It may affect your interest rates on the cards you have now.

One or both could jump to the default/penalty rate, which will be in the 20s or higher.

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Credit Cards will not usually report anything negative about you for just being a month (or even two) late. They like you're business too much! But what usually happens is they jack up your interest rate to the default rate, which is usually +-30%!!!

cw42

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
Update: Called up the store, they revoked the finance charge, late fee, and a report to the credit agencies.

In a better mood now. :)

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Not sure about credit rating, but theres a disclaimer somewhere on your statement or when signing up. Essentially, even if you don't get the bill, you're still responsible for paying for it on time.