Creative Labs Geforce2 GTS problems...

athlonrig

Banned
Jan 22, 2000
I can see artifacts on my desktop just clicking thourgh windows 2000 and all my 3d games lockup. I am using an SD11 and I have tried the reference and CL drivers. I haven't even overclocked the board since I noticed the problem from the start. Im pretty sure my board is defective. Which leads me to the question of whether Compusa will take the board back for an exchange or will I have to mess with CL tech support? The guy asked me if I wanted some warranty when I bought it but I said no...waste of $20 bucks at the time I thought. Someone please let me know if they have taken something that has been opened back for exchange. Thanks.

kyoshozx

Jun 16, 2000
Compusa, should take the card back for an exchange. They should also take your card back and give your money back if it was defective. So just bring it back and DEMAND a new card.

toadstool

Jun 6, 2000

When did you buy it?

I bought the same video card at Best Buy. They have a 30 day return policy. That's a pretty long time to let you keep something and be able to return it.

Compusa must have something similar. If not 30 days, I'd think 15 at least.

I returned mine a week later because after seeing some of the deals you can get by buying online, I wasn't about to pay $320 for the darn thing!

I really just bought it to test it out on my system and make sure the card is compatible before i ordered one online:)

FaultCode

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Athlonrig, I don't think you have a defective card. Try turning off the mouse pointer shawdows and setting the pointers to system default. This can all be done from the mouse applet on the control panel. This should take care of your desktop "artifacts".

athlonrig

Banned
Jan 22, 2000
That seems to have solved the artifacting in 2000, but should 3d games now work? I doubt it.

Packet

Apr 24, 2000
There are numerous reasons why the geforce could have problems with lockups, esspecially with an Athlon system.

Before you return it, check http://www.geforcefaq.com. They have a whole section on how to fix unstability.

jeremy806

May 10, 2000
Mess with it for a couple days to make sure that it really is defective.

If do, CompUSA MUST take it back. Raise hell in the store if they give you any hassle. I store must accept returned goods in a reasonable time if defective...

jeremy

athlonrig

Banned
Jan 22, 2000
I wiped 2000 off and installed 98se to see how it would go in 3d games. A couple minutes into F1 2000 it locked hard...here I come Compusa. I have DX7 installed, agp miniport, 5.22 drivers, 1x agp, no sideband...this sucks.

Damn I am having a hard time finding my receipt.

mdXtreme3d

Jun 25, 2000
athlonrig, I've been having the same problems with my CLA2 GTS and K7M setup. I've tried everything suggested at geforcefaq.com and more with no luck. My solution was to replace the CLA2 with a Voodoo5 5500, which has performed flawlessly so far.
I could have tried another GTS but didn't want to deal with the hassle.

athlonrig

Banned
Jan 22, 2000
This really bites...still haven't gotten it to work. I unistalled my internal 56k because it was using the same irq as the CL2. I thought I had it fixed...I was half way through a race in F1 2000 and it locked...ahhhhhh