Creative Labs Geforce 2 MX 32mb problem! HELP!

SharkManiac

May 31, 2001
Guys ive had the Creative Labs GEFORCE 2 MX 32mb card for some time now. Now previously i didnt play many new 3d games but now that i have started buying them or trying out the demo's it seems many new 3d games dont run on my system. They load , mostly go to the menu but once u start a game ( forexample start a black & white game) they simply go back to desktop.

Ive tried a lot of new 3d game demo's and same thing happens. Funny thing is that tribes 2 works perfectly. So does redalert2(not a 3d game)
Giants works but gives a LOT of dx errors when loading...plus some graphical errors in game.....
B&W Doesnt work
Blade of Darkness doesnt work

and more :(((((

Ive tried clean reformatting...ive tried a couple of Detonator releases but they dont seem to help :((((

Anyone got any idea's ? Previously i had a Creative Labs TNT 2 and that worked fine. Other then the card i havnt changed my system configuration at all.

Thanx for any help u guys provide in advance.:confused:

Hellblast

Oct 14, 1999
never played games before? Make sure you got the lastest AGP drivers if you have an AMD chipset. Also, you got DirectX installed (believe me, I forgot one...)?
Make sure you installed the Detonator's correctly (overwriting the older drivers).
Out of ideas now, hmmmm.

Hellblast

mitaiwan82

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2000
yeah get the latest 4-in-1 drivers from viatech.com if you have a VIA chipset motherboard...check on the web to see if there are any patches for the games that you play...Diablo 2 didn't work on my system until I loaded the patch