Creative Geforce2 GTS

tggalindo

Jul 16, 2000
Hi, Everyone I just bought the new Creative Labs Geforce GTS2 and when I look at games in Magazines or so Such as; Quake3, Unreal tournanment etc. The Graphics and colors on them look very gooooood. But it seems like theres not much of an difference in apperance with the Voodoo3 20000 pci I had but its dammm Fast though. So I just want to know if its a Monitor size/Resolution issue or what? My Specs are: Abit VT6X4
366 Celeron
SoundBlaster
13.4GB
ATA/66
Driver 5.22
15 inch Monitor

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Screenshots in magazines are always pretty small. This has the effect of making them look "better". In fact this is how Blizzard was able to fool everyone into thinking Diablo 2's graphics were good. Downsized screenshots can make things look a lot better than reality (you sort of get built-in anti-aliasing, etc.).

Not sure how a V3 compares vs. a GF2 but I will say that GF2's image quality is loads better than a V2.

tggalindo

Jul 16, 2000
Yea thats true Jelly Belly But I did notice that when I bump up the resolution in games such as Quake3 it looks better and better the higher you go. I have a 15inch Monitor I need to get a bigger cause mine only supports up to 1024 by 768.