Creationist shenanigans part 439

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

punchkin

Banned
Dec 13, 2007
Originally posted by: spittledip
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: spittledip
I am indifferent to this whole bit o' crap. I don't think it is dangerous to teach either idea in school. However, I do find it quite ironic that those who are so against indoctrination don't want ideas other than their own (in regard to evolution/creationism) being taught in schools.

That argument doesn't hold water though. Why is it dangerous to teach what is objectively true? Evolution sits on top of such a huge mountain of evidence that it is incredibly difficult to imagine why you would think it is 'dangerous' for people to learn about it. Furthermore it is the foundation for all of modern biology, to not teach it would consign American students to complete ignorance on one of the largest branches of science, and it would necessitate remedial courses for all of our students upon reaching college just so they could catch back up. And for what reason?

Teaching someone evolution in our schools is indoctrination in the same way that teaching someone about gravity is indoctrinating them. If you want to call teaching the most accurate information that science can determine, whatever that may be, then by all means indoctrinate away.

I didn't say teaching evolution was dangerous... not sure where you got that from.

And it is indoctrination if it is something that is taught exclusively and there are other theories out there that can be verified as theory via evidence.

You are a religious wacko.