crazy random doom clone?

djtrickym

Apr 13, 2014
Hey guys. I remember a doom clone game that was crazier than the postal games.

I can't remember the name though...it was made by some guys in Switzerland or Sweden or something...there's a lot of mature stuff like gore and verbal stuff.

Any ideas?

You can drive a car or something in a grassy area...

djtrickym

Apr 13, 2014
No, it was fake 3d like doom, where everything tuns towards you and all that, you start off in an office type room, with a hallway outside...at least in the video I saw...

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Do we have a timeline when you may have plated the game?

Mid 1990s, late 1990s, early 200s?

djtrickym

Apr 13, 2014
i never played it, i saw it on a youtube video or two...it was not TOO long ago, a few years...probably 2009 or later...its not an old game parse...but it is modded or modeled after doom, it being a clone due to the doom graphics where everything is 2D save for the actual map, which is kinda 3D...you know what i mean right? the best way i can put the gameplay is postal one, two, and three combined with the graphics of doom...it had weird weapons and you could, if im not mistaken, at one point drive a car around a small grassy area...

theres a half life: source mod that gives you weird weapons and makes the sounds all random like "DRINK YOUR PRUNE JUICE" and all that. its like that in gameplay, though again with doom graphics.

Ancalagon44

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2010
i never played it, i saw it on a youtube video or two...it was not TOO long ago, a few years...probably 2009 or later...its not an old game parse...but it is modded or modeled after doom, it being a clone due to the doom graphics where everything is 2D save for the actual map, which is kinda 3D...you know what i mean right? the best way i can put the gameplay is postal one, two, and three combined with the graphics of doom...it had weird weapons and you could, if im not mistaken, at one point drive a car around a small grassy area...

theres a half life: source mod that gives you weird weapons and makes the sounds all random like "DRINK YOUR PRUNE JUICE" and all that. its like that in gameplay, though again with doom graphics.

I actually remember seeing a game like that recently. I was watching a video where somebody playtested it. You could drive a car in a grassy area (the car was a sprite) and there were other cars in that area which could be destroyed.

It was made recently. It also wasnt in English - I'm just not sure what language it was in. Maybe Spanish?

I'm not sure whether it used the DN3D engine or the Doom engine. Either way, it was an engine where they had access to the source code, and modified it significantly.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I actually remember seeing a game like that recently. I was watching a video where somebody playtested it. You could drive a car in a grassy area (the car was a sprite) and there were other cars in that area which could be destroyed.

It was made recently. It also wasnt in English - I'm just not sure what language it was in. Maybe Spanish?

I'm not sure whether it used the DN3D engine or the Doom engine. Either way, it was an engine where they had access to the source code, and modified it significantly.

Aw come on. If you would actually read the thread, I posted what I think is the correct game just a couple posts above yours.

Everything you guys are saying matches up with Grezzo 2. Including the language, almost; it's Italian, not Spanish (but you were pretty close).

Ancalagon44

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2010
Aw come on. If you would actually read the thread, I posted what I think is the correct game just a couple posts above yours.

Everything you guys are saying matches up with Grezzo 2. Including the language, almost; it's Italian, not Spanish (but you were pretty close).

Okay maybe it is Grezzo 2 that I saw. I watched the demo video that you posted, but it didnt look like what I had seen, so I didnt think that was it.

But yeah, on watching more, it looks like that was probably it.