Crazy idea, consolidation of signals

Kartajan

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2001
I am looking to "cord- reduce". Currently running CATV into a cable box, and a HDHomerun Prime + HDHomeRun Connect (OTA) that feed 2 NVidia Shield TV boxes.

I can get all but 1 channel that I want via OTA. The only non-OTA channel that I need is the one channel that my wife cannot live without.

The non-OTA I can get via a proprietary box with HDMI and Component outputs. The issue is making that one boxes output go to the NVidia Shield's (ideal would be something that integrates with Google's Live Channels app).

My 1st thought was to use a slingbox, but the "player" app does not work on the Shield.

I saw devices that would take the HDMI and change it to ATSC, but a $1300 box is not gonna fly.

Any good options that would work for under $250????
It has to be something that can be simple enough for my tech impaired to use once I get the hard stuff set up and running...
** For an idea as to how tech impaired, changing inputs on the AV Receiver is something I have to do myself..

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005
You can't do what you want and quite frankly you have the wrong perspective in my opinion. There is no such thing as a magic play everything box

Trying to make complicated AV setups easy is like building a perpetual motion machine- it can't be done and only fools try. What you have is glorious already, don't ruin the magic by trying to dumb it down.

Instead hide all the hard parts behind a well programed Logitech Harmony. With one of those inputs and sources are not something she ever has to think about! Instead its "when I want to watch that channel I hit that button." The Harmony macros do the rest.