Craziest thing happened last night...

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
so i get home about 8pm and i start hearing helicopters, and i know they are military type cuz they are just louder and sound different, so anyway i think nothing of it cuz im guessing they are just flying over, but 15 minutes later they are still flying around..

so i go outside and see what appears to be a few large helicopters chasing a helicopter with no lights on!
its a surreal scene cuz you cant see the non-lighted one until it flys overhead. the huge helicopters against the night sky is just eerie...

30 min later they are still flying around and im like ok this just doesnt seem right, my parents who live a few blocks over are calling and also wondering about this...

Neighbors are starting to come out as myself and the kids and wife are out there watching them fly around...

with the war and terrrist thing going on, we are all coming up with crazy scenerios, maybe terrorist stole a helicopter etc. etc. I mean at times they were flying really low it was eerie

So we call the non emergency police telephone and find out its the marines conductign execises...this lasted i think close to 2 hours total...

this morning i see on the new that they were training in an area about 4 blocks from me....they were training on how to raid a chemical complex and secure it....and no media was allowed except for one tv station ...if i had known i would have gone closer to see i think it would have been interesting..

Just thought id share :p

if they are out tonight again im taking pics :)

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Kiyup
Where are the pics?

if they are out again today ill take pics...damn i didnt even think about how i should have taken pics til this morning:(

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
well it was at a complex called rancho los amigos which used to be a large army hospital complex like a small city, but now a part of it is a specialized rehab hospital for spinal cord injuries and stuff...soem of the buildings are abandoed and soem used for police fire man execises...

there is alot of stories of ghosts in those building..my sster works there and says she always heres about weird stuff goign on..this place has been aound since the early 1900s i believe

godmare

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2002
Originally posted by: notfred
Don't they normally do those things in rural areas?

I would be pretty pissed if 5 loud ass helicopters suddenly felt the need to float twenty feet above my house at nine o'clock at night or whatever.
That's weird, I bet you got shammed on that 'exercises' excuse.