crappy Mafia performance

Kaiser__Sose

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
maybe this game needs an incredible puter or maybe my puter sucks but even at 800x600 low everything it runs choppy AA and AF are at 0

my stats

Tualatin celery 1500mhz
gf3 ti 200/ 500
384meg SDRAM
windows XP
det. 40.41's

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
yep the game is a hog, not to mention rather lame too. i just finished it last night and it was somewhat like tourtue playing though it, it runs smooth on my powerhouse rig but the gameplay is just not compelling. i mean if you enjoy playing games on rails then i supose you will like it but it just agavates me like no other. an example of what im talking about is i shot this guy at least 30 times with a tommygun and he didnt drop, just ran off, went chaseing him and the wall he was standing infront of was just covered in blood. run around the corner into a cutseen and then shoot him somemore and he finaly dies. so i come to find out i risked my neck for erlier nothing because the game was never going to let him die at that point, he was invesable untell after the cutseen. the game is full of junk like that, not to menion a buch of increadably booring and lame tasks and realy poor ai that you can just run from becuase they will get stuck on anything and everyhitng trying to chase you and when they are close enough to shoot at you they are lucky if they deside to face the right way. furthermore a single headshot from the enemy can take you from full heath to dead and they can see though walls and on rare occasions they even shoot clean though wallls like they are not even there. i could go on about plenty other things that prove that mafia is not realy a good game just one that bought good reviews, but i think you get my point.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
just make sure all other programs are shut down before running the thing, thats realy all i say will help.