Crap! Summer is half over.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
I have a love/hate relationship with Fall. I hate winter but so many of my memories are attached to Fall.

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: MaxDepth
:(

EDIT: Summer is a season, astronomically defined as beginning around June 21, and ending around September 21 in the Northern Hemisphere.

Plus

It's getting darker in the evening sooner. next thing you know, it'll be dark at 5 PM.

[wikipedia]The schedule for 2006 in the United States is that DST begins on the first Sunday in April (April 2, 2006), and changes back to standard time on the last Sunday in October (October 29, 2006)

:( I noticed the sunday before last that the strength of the light was kind of fading, not much, but it takes on that pastel yellow tinge especially in the later afternoon, like now as I write this.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: KLin
:thumbsup: (I do computer support at a tomato processing facility). :D

This is by far, the coolest reply to any thread, ever. I mean...how many people do this? Seriously? He's unique. Though the reply has zero to do with the thread...it's still way cool.

Oh and about the thread; who the hell cares if summer is half over? :p

Those of us that live (and WORK) in the real world know that "summer" is the same as "Tuesday" or "next month" or "next quarter." It's just a season, made up of some months, with lots of days in which to work. The season means nothing. I take some vacation "here" and some "there." I have a good, relaxing time during that time. Season means nothing.

/pees on your thread

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Originally posted by: KLin
:thumbsup: (I do computer support at a tomato processing facility). :D

This is by far, the coolest reply to any thread, ever. I mean...how many people do this? Seriously? He's unique. Though the reply has zero to do with the thread...it's still way cool.

Oh and about the thread; who the hell cares if summer is half over? :p

Those of us that live (and WORK) in the real world know that "summer" is the same as "Tuesday" or "next month" or "next quarter." It's just a season, made up of some months, with lots of days in which to work. The season means nothing. I take some vacation "here" and some "there." I have a good, relaxing time during that time. Season means nothing.

/pees on your thread

It has everything to do with half the summer being over. As soon as the summer is over, we won't be processing 24/7 until next year, and I won't be getting calls in the middle of the night because a printer stopped working or half the network is down. :p

KrillBee

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Ktulu
Meh, i used to care when i was in school, now it's all the same to me. I hate adulthood :(

lol, aint that life?

its kinda nice not having to go back to school, but at the same time its kinda sad how fast the time flies.

fireandicefuel

Dec 2, 2004
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
I have a love/hate relationship with Fall. I hate winter but so many of my memories are attached to Fall.

man the fall is my favorite time of the year. The colors changing, all the smells, crisp air, running in the fall is great, throwing the football with my buds outside, making chili for dinner, man it doesn't end. Colege and the fall go hand in hand with football season and more.....