Craigslist question

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
How often can I post a property rental ad? I reposted yesterday's ad but it isn't showing up...do I need to delete yesterday's first?

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Answer found:

How often can I post?

You may post to one category and in one city, no more often than about every 48 hours.

If you are submitting a post that is similar to another currently active post of yours on the site, you will get a blocked message. Removing the active post will allow you to post the new ad, unless the active post is less than 48 hours old.

If you've lost the email that allows you to manage/remove your post, you can have it resent here: http://www.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/resend.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
The funny thing is that I pass on all ads that relist themselves every other day because it just seems to indicate that there is something wrong. When I was looking for a new place a couple months ago there were 3 or 4 places that would relist every 48 hours with the same description, same pictures... I don't believe that after a month or two NO ONE saw the ad or didn't come by and pass on the place.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Injury
The funny thing is that I pass on all ads that relist themselves every other day because it just seems to indicate that there is something wrong. When I was looking for a new place a couple months ago there were 3 or 4 places that would relist every 48 hours with the same description, same pictures... I don't believe that after a month or two NO ONE saw the ad or didn't come by and pass on the place.

It sometimes makes me wonder...if its still around it must not be that good.

But if doesn't get relisted, its definitely not going to be seen...so it's probably good to change up the content and pics a little now and then if its listed for a while.