Hello,

I bought a new pc ...
Asus P8Z68-V Pro
Intel i7 2600k
with Gtx570

I downloaded HWMonitor to check my temps ,
it shows me CPUTIN 125c ..

What is this ? and why its thats high ?

Download Coretemp and let us know your temps reporting back. No way in hell your processor is that hot. It might be a stuck/faulty sensor.

Leopardos

Jul 15, 2009
Download Coretemp and let us know your temps reporting back. No way in hell your processor is that hot. It might be a stuck/faulty sensor.

As i saied , in HWMonitor its 125C (and its STUCK , it doesnt change at all , same low and high and current) ...However .. my CPU Cores temps is fine ... 35Idle on all of them ..

I cant find CPUTIN in Coretemp program, but the CPU temps r the same as HWMonitor ...

in BIOS my CPU temp is 48C, its doesnt show all cores but one CPU temp ...
Which CPU temp of this 2 programs and bios is correct ?

Is it because the Bios shows one CPU temp ?
How could i know if my temps are good in HWMonitor while gaming if they reach 50 or 60C since my BIOS shows a difference of 15-20 more ?

Thanks

dfuze

Lifer
Feb 15, 2006
When I first plugged in my new OCZ 120gb sata III agility the other day it showed a temp close to that in the system tray (not sure which program at the time it was). I touched the exterior of it and it was still cold so I didn't worry. When my system rebooted later it went away and never came back. I wouldn't worry too much.

Leopardos

Jul 15, 2009
I hope so ,
MB , CPU temps are okey in BIOS ..
But i cant understand why the programs Temp = 32C idle on all cores , and in BIOS its 49 or 50C(which shows CPU temp, not cores temp, like its an overall temp)

i dont know which program to look at to be honest .. which one is more accurate?

IntelEnthusiast

Intel Representative
Feb 10, 2011
I believe that the Thermtrip# for the Intel® Core™ i7-2600K is 125c. This is based off an internal temperature monitor. So if you were really running that hot the processor would have shut down some time ago.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team