CPU-Z question....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RyanGreener

Nov 9, 2009
It's tweakboy. You just have to either "iggy" him as heyheybooboo mentioned, or just enjoy and get a good chuckle from his posts. Last thing you should do is take it personally (not saying you did there, just giving out some unsolicited advice, seeing as to how you might yet be unacquainted with the tweak-man).

Yeah, I don't know who he is and i didn't take it personally :)

I read his post, and ignored it.

RyanGreener

Nov 9, 2009
The fine folks at Foxconn did the math for you (as you have discovered). The '667MHz' setting is 333MHz x 2 (the 'double-pump'). See how easy the math gets once you figure it out? 3.33 x 240MHz! The 533MHz setting will be 2.66 x 'the clock'.

The issue now in front of you is the dreaded AMD Volt Wall. You will reach a point where you really have to crank the vcore for a marginal return in clock speed. If you can go 13.5 x 240MHz @ 1.4v you should be very happy.

I suspect you may need 1.425v to get there --- getting to 3.3-3.4GHz may well require 1.45-1.5v for 14x240MHz.

(You may want to 'Iggy' tweakboy :) )

--

Yeah, I'm using your EXACT settings now...haha, although to get it stable I bumped up the voltage slightly. my Spire Eclipse II is coming in soon so I'll hopefully OC some more.

Last edited:

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
AMD cpus use a memory divider, and it is linked to the overall clock speed of the CPU, not the "FSB" times some multi, like the Intel 775 CPUs are.

So the overall memory divider is shown as "CPU/*divisor*" in CPU-Z.

Don't confuse azemsiB any more than we already have - LOL

And he actually has the perfect CPU (x2 5600+) at stock 2.8GHz to avoid the memory divider foolishness that was prevalent in AMD's early dark days of DDR2.

If we get him running cool at 3.2-3.3GHz, we'll declare victory and head for the :beer:

--

RyanGreener

Nov 9, 2009
Don't confuse azemsiB any more than we already have - LOL

And he actually has the perfect CPU (x2 5600+) at stock 2.8GHz to avoid the memory divider foolishness that was prevalent in AMD's early dark days of DDR2.

If we get him running cool at 3.2-3.3GHz, we'll declare victory and head for the :beer:

--

Haha, have you tried OCing this thing before? What's the absolute best you, or people you know, have managed to do? What type of load temps should I be seeing? It's at 61 deg C right now at your settings with +50mV from stock

RyanGreener

Nov 9, 2009
On another note, I tried putting the voltage at 1.425 V instead of 1.4V and turning the multiplier up to 13.5. Has troubles booting into Windows. I'm obviously not going to put up the voltage higher, or continue running it at 13.5, but I am wondering, is this the part where I start jacking up the voltage a lot?