CPU usage display

beatle

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2001
I'm considering joining up with Team Anandtech to do a little distributed computing, probably on one of the medical projects. The imperceptible loss of performance doesn't bother me, just the display of cpu usage. I run SysMeter2 to monitor my CPU and other things usage and I know that I'd see 100% all the time if I were to run a distributed computing program. Is there a way to have windows ignore the polling of this program for cpu usage? I'd like to be able to see which programs are using ACTUAL cpu time in case I run into a snag with something (IE tends to hog the CPU, as does weatherbug occasionally on startup.)

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
it is not a program, but the taskmanager will show you CPU time.

Baldy18

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
I'd like to send out a little pre-welcome, welcome to the team beatle.

If you are looking for a drug development related project I would like to suggest Find-A-Drug or Community TSC. They are both great project that the team could use some help in. I don't know a ton about either of them but I know that TSC has had some server problems and FAD is a pretty new project and that always come with struggles. But neither are very large projects and your contribution would make a big impact on the TeAm's standing.

beatle

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2001
Thanks... I think coolmon will work nicely when I get my server up and running. :) Is there any way for it to display a graph? I noticed the config repository was down.

Edit:
I downloaded the Find-a-Drug client and am giving it a shot. I'd seen in another thread about nicknames with [TA] being used as a prefix to recognize Team Anandtech, correct? EX: [TA]beatle. :)

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Confused
Originally posted by: SlangNRox
You can try coolmon . I think it can do it.

Yeah, CoolMon can "ignore" a program's CPU usage :)

Confused
Doesn't work for me when I try to get it to ignore FahCore_65.exe and FAHConsole.exe; do I need to do something fancy aside from just putting the full process names, comma delimited, in Config > Exclude process..?

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Originally posted by: jliechty

Confused
Doesn't work for me when I try to get it to ignore FahCore_65.exe and FAHConsole.exe; do I need to do something fancy aside from just putting the full process names, comma delimited, in Config > Exclude process..?

You do not need to put in the extension, just the name of the process, exactly as it appears in Task Manager :)

Garry

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: jliechty

Confused

You do not need to put in the extension, just the name of the process, exactly as it appears in Task Manager :)

Garry
Thanks, it works well now that I have followed your advice. The only problem is that it appears in the Task Manager exactly as "FahCore_65.exe" - so there! ;)