Question CPU Overclocking

fahadkhan2222

Dec 30, 2020
Hi everyone. Just wondering if every is ok with my overclocked cpu... my question is that sometimes (rarely) my pc wont start normally the fans spin, then the computer will start again and go to the bios. After that a message is prompted saying that I should consider a "regular" configuration, which I assume is setting down the frequency of the cpu. I've ran various test for several hours with occt and core temp to test the voltage stability and the temperature of the cpu and everything has been good. Just wondering is this normal or what do you guys suggest me to do? Thanks!!

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
It could be related to the OC, or it could be some sort of cold boot BIOS bug or something. Hard to tell for sure without more information though. What are your specs and settings?

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Many components work together to function properly inside a computer and if even one of these components is damaged or failing, it could prevent the machine from booting. Faulty motherboard, bad RAM chips, and BIOS error can all prevent our computer from starting up. So if the problem is occurred then replace the new piece of hardware and try booting again.
Well, first he needs to determine which piece of hardware is faulty.

I've got another thread which I will update over the next month. I likely borked my motherboard USB controller. It will be confirmed one way or the other, depending on whether a new CR2032 battery and resetting the CMOS resolves it. But before my accident with the vaping-pen and the static charge, it would not come out of sleep state properly. I'd noticed before that this could indicate a faulty PSU. My PSU is a 4-year-old Seasonic Flagship Prime Titanium with a 10-year warranty. I guess I'm going to find out.

iamgenius

Jun 6, 2008
Save the overclock as a profile, then reset everything back to normal and see what it happens. If it is related to the overclock, it should go away. And you can always reload the overclock profile.

Reactions: maluckey1

maluckey1

Mar 15, 2018
Well, first he needs to determine which piece of hardware is faulty.

I've got another thread which I will update over the next month. I likely borked my motherboard USB controller. It will be confirmed one way or the other, depending on whether a new CR2032 battery and resetting the CMOS resolves it. But before my accident with the vaping-pen and the static charge, it would not come out of sleep state properly. I'd noticed before that this could indicate a faulty PSU. My PSU is a 4-year-old Seasonic Flagship Prime Titanium with a 10-year warranty. I guess I'm going to find out.
Save the overclock as a profile, then reset everything back to normal and see what it happens. If it is related to the overclock, it should go away. And you can always reload the overclock profile.

This, and also use a PSU tester such as Thermaltake DR. Power II. Best 25-35 dollars spent ever. It can find bad PSU in seconds!

If resetting doesn't work, it would be the next thing I did.

Hell!! You can find these used on Amazon for 10 bucks, and they're certainly worth the time saved not chasing ghosts. I've used them on several rigs, and they were spot on!!

M