Covidiots thread

Page 168 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Best name I saw for the world #1 is Novax Djocovid.

Nice, and only a few letter changes.

I was just reading that he generally holds weird pseudo-science views.

Like how he was diagnosed for Gluten Intolerance by holding a piece of bread near his belly...

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
WV isn't even dealing with Omicron yet. My nephew has had it twice in 2 or 3 months. This quote is from our newspaper this week.

"There are currently 15,911 active cases in West Virginia, with 12,342 cases in the state have been reported as the delta variant, and 293 the omicron variant, according to the Department of Health and Human Resources."

Hell. I may have to get boosted again. This wave has been non-stop since August and we still have to deal with another variant.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Kansas is so short of substitute teachers that they’re offering the job to anyone over18 with a HS diploma and can pass a background check !

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
WV isn't even dealing with Omicron yet. My nephew has had it twice in 2 or 3 months. This quote is from our newspaper this week.

"There are currently 15,911 active cases in West Virginia, with 12,342 cases in the state have been reported as the delta variant, and 293 the omicron variant, according to the Department of Health and Human Resources."

Hell. I may have to get boosted again. This wave has been non-stop since August and we still have to deal with another variant.
This is misleading, as I don't think the U.S. really tracks "active" cases accurately. I'm sure a lot of the hospitalized are indeed delta infections from a month ago or earlier.

But as for new infections, omicron is the dominant strain throughout the country. WV is definitely dealing with it by now; it just doesn't have the genomic sequencing to confirm it. There's still some delta circulating, but not much.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
This is misleading, as I don't think the U.S. really tracks "active" cases accurately. I'm sure a lot of the hospitalized are indeed delta infections from a month ago or earlier.

But as for new infections, omicron is the dominant strain throughout the country. WV is definitely dealing with it by now; it just doesn't have the genomic sequencing to confirm it. There's still some delta circulating, but not much.
I don't know. We are pretty rural and don't have any large cities. We always seem to lag behind other states with large cities and international airports. Even our DHHR site is showing the same thing but it may not be entirely accurate with so few random samples taken.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

Hopefully the judge presiding over the case doesn't fumble the football today. The immigration minister is well within his legal authority to cancel a visa.
He is a stickler for the rules on the court, but now he doesn't like rules off the court.

Reactions: hal2kilo

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I don't know. We are pretty rural and don't have any large cities. We always seem to lag behind other states with large cities and international airports. Even our DHHR site is showing the same thing but it may not be entirely accurate with so few random samples taken.
The graph tells us it's omicron:

The U.S. does very little genomic sequencing compared to the UK.

He is a stickler for the rules on the court, but now he doesn't like rules off the court.
He's well known for outbursts on court; but the top players on tour get extra latitude.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006

Hopefully the judge presiding over the case doesn't fumble the football today. The immigration minister is well within his legal authority to cancel a visa.

Novax gets Consequences. Loses appeal and is deported. :p

So, does he stop going to Grand Slams, or does he get his shot, or fakes getting them.

Last edited:

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
And the Djokovic circus comes to an end as Australia rules against him and he leaves the country. The judges didn't give their reasons for the ruling and he didn't contest it.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Nah he’ll fake getting vaxxed. But will Australia enforce the 3 year ban or allow him reentry if he man’s up and gets the vaccine?

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005

I'm already at that point myself. In my head, every time an idiot anti-vaxxer kicks the bucket, "another one bites the dust" plays in my head.

And if you check twitter response, a lot of conservatives are triggered. The party of "fuck your feelings" got their feelings hurt. The people who say "it's your fucking fault if you catch Covid from me and die" are saying it is abhorrent for anyone to not care if someone else died.

You know what, fuck you. I'm dancing on your graves. It's your own fault. Stop being a covidiot.

If our government wasn't so screwed up, we should be like Switzerland where there are real consequences of not vaxxing up. Basically you're ostracized. Can't work. Can't go to school. Can't eat out at a restaurant. Basically since you didn't want to be a contributing member of society, and instead you want to be a dick while still reaping the benefits of socieity, so now you're excluded from society. Good riddance.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I'm already at that point myself. In my head, every time an idiot anti-vaxxer kicks the bucket, "another one bites the dust" plays in my head.

And if you check twitter response, a lot of conservatives are triggered. The party of "fuck your feelings" got their feelings hurt. The people who say "it's your fucking fault if you catch Covid from me and die" are saying it is abhorrent for anyone to not care if someone else died.

You know what, fuck you. I'm dancing on your graves. It's your own fault. Stop being a covidiot.

If our government wasn't so screwed up, we should be like Switzerland where there are real consequences of not vaxxing up. Basically you're ostracized. Can't work. Can't go to school. Can't eat out at a restaurant. Basically since you didn't want to be a contributing member of society, and instead you want to be a dick while still reaping the benefits of socieity, so now you're excluded from society. Good riddance.
He actually addresses the "civility" argument, if not in detail in this piece, then definitely in prior pieces. I agree that it's not a good faith argument.

I also do agree with Hiltzik that there is a difference between "duped into being an antivaxer" and "has the resources and a platform and is spouting falsehoods."

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
The supreme irony of American conservatives saying they won't visit Australia because they enforced their laws is really something. Strong borders something something.
It's not an issue for Australia, as they won't let anti-vaxxers enter anyway.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
The supreme irony of American conservatives saying they won't visit Australia because they enforced their laws is really something. Strong borders something something.

- "GRRR RAGE DAMN CANCEL CULTURE LIBS!!"

also:
- "GRRR RAGE CANCEL DAMN AUSTRALIA!!"

As if a bunch of fatbody incel rednecks were flying to Australia anyway. Aussie's won't care one wit.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Nah he’ll fake getting vaxxed. But will Australia enforce the 3 year ban or allow him reentry if he man’s up and gets the vaccine?
That's the grand irony, a Serbian doctor would've given him a fake vaccine card (or however they do it over there). The way I understand it, the 3 year ban is automatic but he will need to appeal. In other words, he won't be able to slip into the country and then instantly get an audience with the courts.

I would expect the vaccination mandate to still be in effect a year from now; so if he wants to play in the 2023 AO, he'll need "proof" of vaccination. Beyond that, it's too hard to say, but I don't believe the Aussies really want to ban him for 3 years. He's come out of this with a lot of egg on his face; but a lot of the fault lies with Tennis Australia for thinking they could or should subvert national law for a tennis tournament. I don't really agree with those who say this is now Novax's legacy. Again, I'm not a fan of his, but he's already the men's GOAT.

Remember that Federer appears to be riding off into the sunset soon, Nadal's body may no longer hold up, so Djocovid is the big draw for men's tennis. There are a cluster of young guns ready to win Grand Slams, but they aren't fan favorites like the Big 3.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Quite possibly one of the greatest Covidiot takes ever told (not confirmed)...

Utah man rapes/assaults multiple woman
Flees to California/Rhode Island to get away from authorities...
Disappears for 12 years...
Fakes his own death when the heat catches up to him...
Moves to Scotland and changes his name...

but then...

Catches Covid and gets put on a ventilator...where his prints/DNA hit Interpol and match up against the rape kit...

Now he's being charged and extradited!

I'm guessing he's possibly not vaccinated and that's what put him on the vent?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Quite possibly one of the greatest Covidiot takes ever told (not confirmed)...

Utah man rapes/assaults multiple woman
Flees to California/Rhode Island to get away from authorities...
Disappears for 12 years...
Fakes his own death when the heat catches up to him...
Moves to Scotland and changes his name...

but then...

Catches Covid and gets put on a ventilator...where his prints/DNA hit Interpol and match up against the rape kit...

Now he's being charged and extradited!

I'm guessing he's possibly not vaccinated and that's what put him on the vent?
Well, if he had got the vaccine, it would have altered his DNA, so no match...

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Covid causes man's penis to shrink by 1.5 inches. Looks like news like this would encourage at least the male population to get vaccinated. So now there are a bunch of Republican men in this country who are a bunch of dick-less cucks. Sounds about right.