Covidiots thread

Page 143 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
The deadly tag-team... COVID and ignorance. The consequences of either can kill, but when combined the odds go up.

That and being a massive narcissist.
"“The father expected that he and his wife would be jailed and their children taken away,” Bantleon said. "

Murdering his kids out of fear that someone else might raise them for a short spell, in the unlikely event that he would lose custody.

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
This guy qualifies

What really puts the cherry on top is that only a little while ago he voted for introducing Voter IDs.

In general, in fact, most of the Tory party seem to have decided that they are on 'team covid', i.e. that they want to support the virus and its right to spread as it wishes. The horrifying thing is they now seem to see Boris Johnson as a backsliding leftist.

Reactions: hal2kilo

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Right wingers, ever the vanguard of "personal responsibility", will of course blame the government for these senseless deaths. "If only the government hadn't been so Draconian with their anti-Covid measures, then this poor man wouldn't have murdered his family!!! Shame on the gov!!!"

Yea that OR the thing is staged. You know, to fan the flames....

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

The Bowl of Greens Massacre?

04fba6919fb8af8aac76dc2d515fbd37.jpg

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
What is their beef with Cheesecake Factory? I tried searching about this but got nothing.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Florida Man kicked off an airplane for wearing women’s thong underwear as a face mask.

An appropriate punishment here would be 3 months mandatory wearing of women’s thong over his face any time he leaves home. Same with all the people who walked off the plane in protest.

And not just any women’s thong underwear. Pink granny panties. Or better yet, Trump Jr's tiny Hello Kitty panties.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
From that article: “Your rights end where mine begin. You don’t get to tell me how I conduct myself," said Jenne.

Guy is a moron, you're forced to follow rules of conduct wherever you go, right wingers don't understand rights or freedom.

This just hit me, but republicans sound like sovereign citizens. They pick and choose what laws they want to follow, even if the arguments for the different laws directly oppose each other. For example, they're pro life, but when it comes to vaccines, they say it is their body and their right. But fuck your rights, because fuck you.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
This just hit me, but republicans sound like sovereign citizens. They pick and choose what laws they want to follow, even if the arguments for the different laws directly oppose each other. For example, they're pro life, but when it comes to vaccines, they say it is their body and their right. But fuck your rights, because fuck you.
Are you saying Democrats not do the same? You claim you want woman to have a right to chose but then you demand everyone wear a mask, get vaccinated etc. So what happened to my body my choice?

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
stupid people are stupid.

I hate everyone of those covidiots and anti-vaxxors. They just spew idiotic gibberish when confronted and refuse to listen to anyone. The police should give them one clear warning and if they don't comply, arrest the lot of them.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021

I hate everyone of those covidiots and anti-vaxxors. They just spew idiotic gibberish when confronted and refuse to listen to anyone. The police should give them one clear warning and if they don't comply, arrest the lot of them.
Covid is not going away, i just don't get why so many people don't understand it. After 2-3 months protection against Covid drops, you will not be able to force majority of the population to keep getting a booster. That is extremely unrealistic, might as well get used to the fact that Covid is endemic. Those that want to keep getting a booster every 6 month or so is welcome and let the rest of us live our life the way we want to.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Covid is not going away, i just don't get why so many people don't understand it. After 2-3 months protection against Covid drops, you will not be able to force majority of the population to keep getting a booster. That is extremely unrealistic, might as well get used to the fact that Covid is endemic. Those that want to keep getting a booster every 6 month or so is welcome and let the rest of us live our life the way we want to.
I stand by my post and yours proves its accuracy.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
I stand by my post and yours proves its accuracy.
So you're refusing to see the reality. Unfortunately the reality will hit many people right in the face. No matter what government tries to do, Covid is not going away. Over 50% of US is no longer wearing mask and more and more city's even Democrats will be dropping it as more and more population will resist it. Senate and Congress will be flipping come Jan 2023 and White house after 2024 election. Like it or not but public will not comply. This will be same as with the flu that around 50% get annual flu shot.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
So you're refusing to see the reality. Unfortunately the reality will hit many people right in the face. No matter what government tries to do, Covid is not going away. Over 50% of US is no longer wearing mask and more and more city's even Democrats will be dropping it as more and more population will resist it. Senate and Congress will be flipping come Jan 2023 and White house after 2024 election. Like it or not but public will not comply. This will be same as with the flu that around 50% get annual flu shot.
man, if only there were a bunch of people who spent their entire professional careers studying disease and public health, and had the ability to provide information on the best way to prevent outbreaks and/or minimize their impact to society at large so we could all get back to "normal".

ohhhh wait, they were villified by conservatives and held back at every turn by malevolent republican administration. and yes, malevolent is the correct word when an advisor tells you covid is just going to be a "blue state problem"; when plans to distribute masks to the entire country are scrapped; when public health officials are knecapped and muzzled; and when a vaccine rollout is purposefully hobbled.

you literally did this to the rest of us, you idiot.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

What I find irritating are the constant attempts (on twitter and radio phone-ins and also by some professional 'commentators') to try and spread complacency about the crisis.

Endlessly looking for flimsy pretexts for downplaying the seriousness of the virus.

If reported deaths or cases drop by 1% one week they will, climate-change-denier-style, immediately extrapolate from that one cherry-picked week and declare 'deaths are dropping' or 'case numbers are in sustained fall'. If there's a lack of data they'll use it to insist everything is fine (e.g. the constant claims that "nobody has died from omicron" - when most people who die of COVID don't get the kind of test that could distinguish between different strains, if they get any test at all). Or they will just straight-out lie, and declare "hospitalisations aren't increasing" when the data shows that they are, and then back it up with out-dated data from a week ago or from a part of the country that omicron hasn't reached yet.

I just don't get where the need to complacency-monger comes from. It seems to be driven by a need to consider themseelves braver and smarter than everyone else. Or, in some cases, out of sheer economic self-interest, because pandemic precautions might cost them money (a more respectible reason, now I come to think of it - I can understand people's views being motivated by sheer financial self-interest, it's the unexamined psychological and egotistical drivers behind it in some that I find most irritating).

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Are you saying Democrats not do the same? You claim you want woman to have a right to chose but then you demand everyone wear a mask, get vaccinated etc. So what happened to my body my choice?

You have a right to not vaccinate. People have a right to not let you in their establishment because you don't mask up or are vaccinated. Businesses have a right to not employ you if you don't get vaccinated.

The push for people to vaccinate is FOR THE COMMON GOOD. It is called the social contract. That is why, not just democrats, but all responsible people are pushing for the vaccine. Anyone who does not honor the social contract does not deserve to be a part of society.

And your comment doesn't address how republicans are hypocrites about "my body, my right" when it comes to vaccination yet are the total opposite when it comes to whether a woman can have choice over her own body. Somehow a woman does not have a right to her body when it comes to a choice of whether to have an abortion or not. Suddenly everyone but the woman has a right to her body. It's called hypocrisy.

For all the claims about freedom, republicans seem to love passing laws that oppress the freedoms of women and minorities.

COVID can go away if the overwhelming majority of the population chooses to vaccinate. Debilitating diseases such as polio has been wiped out, and measles have mostly been wiped out in the US because of vaccines. COVID can be wiped out, or damn near to it, if not for anti-vaxxers. Polio has three serotypes (variations), and type 2 was declared eradicated in 2015, type 3 was declared eradicated in 2018, and type 1 had the last known case in 2018. So don't tell me vaccines don't work. Science shows vaccines work. Measles have mostly been wiped out in the US, and the only major outbreaks are in areas where some ethnic or religious groups refuse vaccination.

Is it a guarantee that COVID will be wiped out if most of the population vaccinates? No. But it sure as hell would reduce the spread of the COVID virus and its ability to mutate if people just vaccinate and mask up and we'd have been back to normal by now if not for the anti-vaxxers.