Covidiots thread

Page 134 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Some of my rural Trumpy conspiracy theorist family and family “friends” had a party this past Saturday — looks like at least four new Covid cases from it, one diabetic attendee already dead five days later. One of the cases is my idiot degenerate cousin who claims covid doesn’t exist and convinced the rest of the family out there to not get vaccinated. So glad I never lived in that shithole part of the country.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Prayers for Kristy Swanson please. COVIDIOTS need lots of prayers.

“Prayers for me please,” Swanson wrote in a Tweet on November 1st. “Yesterday I took an ambulance ride to the hospital. I’m still here with pneumonia, I’m on oxygen etc, all covid related of course. I’m in good spirits and in great hands.” She added, “I was just at the tail end of my Covid diagnosis when it jumped into my lungs. So they are treating me with Baricitinib & blood thinners so I don’t clot. I’m ok.”

• Haha
Reactions: DarthKyrie

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Some of my rural Trumpy conspiracy theorist family and family “friends” had a party this past Saturday — looks like at least four new Covid cases from it, one diabetic attendee already dead five days later. One of the cases is my idiot degenerate cousin who claims covid doesn’t exist and convinced the rest of the family out there to not get vaccinated. So glad I never lived in that shithole part of the country.
Darwin is a busy busy man...

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Stick works better than the carrot.

Vaccination rates went from 65% to 99% in 2+ months. Only 120 out of 12,000 employees declined.
I was just in a meeting today with some coworkers who were claiming mandates have just made it worse. Everyone was getting their shots until the mandates came a long. Of course, they deny all evidence that they are full of shit.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Word just came down from the OPM for federal employees. Anyone not fully vaccinated by November 9th will be issued a formal letter or reprimand. If you are still not fully vaccinated by November 23 you will be suspended without pay, and if you are still not vaccinated by December 1 you will be removed from service (fired). Start the vaccination process at any time during this and it pushes everything back 6 weeks, but then it continues if you don't finish the vaccination process.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Word just came down from the OPM for federal employees. Anyone not fully vaccinated by November 9th will be issued a formal letter or reprimand. If you are still not fully vaccinated by November 23 you will be suspended without pay, and if you are still not vaccinated by December 1 you will be removed from service (fired). Start the vaccination process at any time during this and it pushes everything back 6 weeks, but then it continues if you don't finish the vaccination process.
But muh freedumbs to be a walking bio weapon!

Reactions: DarthKyrie

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Yup... get stuck or get fired finally seemed to resonate with a lot.

More of that get stuck or get gone. Ford is mandating vaccinations for its 32,000 US salaried employees They have until Dec 8 to be fully vaccinated then, if not compliant, they get up to 30 days paid leave before adios!

And in addition to that, denial of death benefits to families of the unvaccinated is now a thing. New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (74,000 employees) is denying their death benefit of $500,000, which goes to the families of employees who die from covid, to those who die unvaccinated.

👍 I'm in favor.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Umm, I think the proton meme-streams have been crossed, between demon sperm doctor and Gates microchips, to end up at a Newsmax lunacy about "satanic marker" in COVID vaccine:

• Haha
Reactions: pmv

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Umm, I think the proton meme-streams have been crossed, between demon sperm doctor and Gates microchips, to end up at a Newsmax lunacy about "satanic marker" in COVID vaccine:
In newsmax' defense, they benched this guy.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

What gets me is that it seems Luciferase is a real thing.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
So we've established the outer-boundaries of how much crazy is too much crazy?

Seems like Luciferase is a bad choice of name in a society like the US.

It’s Latin. Literally means “light bringer”, so it seems like an obvious choice for bio markers that glow.

Reactions: pmv

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
In newsmax' defense, they benched this guy.

Finally. The guy is a gal.
A Twitter (TWTR) spokesperson said Robinson's account was "temporarily locked for repeated violations of our Covid-19 misinformation policy."

Robinson has stated similar misinformation in the past, writing in September that if people want to avoid "taking the Mark of the Beast," then they should not get "anything that injects LUCIFERASE into your body." That tweet, as well as others that are steeped in conspiracy theories, remains on her feed.

However, several other of her recent tweets were also deleted because they violated Twitter's rules.