Covidiots thread

Page 132 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I was slightly relieved when I got to the end of this article and realized it was about Australia (the Guardian does that all the time, presents you with articles with no obvious explicit indication what country they relate to, but for once I was relieved when i twigged, rather than irritated). However, it wouldn't surprise me if it is the same everywhere.

It’s bizarre to watch an individual chastise the nurses and doctors about Covid being fake as they sit on the floor gasping for air while a cytokine storm roars in their lungs. The time between each word is drawn out while they are trying to draw in as many breaths as they can. “Would you like the oxygen back on, sir?” a nurse will inquire after another failed escape. They accept our help back to their room. Regain their breath with help from the oxygen. And then the escape plotting starts all over again. Another patient who was on a ventilator kept telling us Covid wasn’t real after they regained consciousness.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
The real tragedy is when the child brought COVID home from school, and now that child blames themselves for their parents' death.

bz3xdkH.jpeg
My dad died of a random viral infection. Five days before he died, my dad caught my brother with smokes and my brother attacked him, punched him and tried to choke him. Dad quickly put an end to it. After he died, my brother (14 at the time) blamed himself and went way off the deep end for several years. Of course, my brother had nothing to do with it. I can't imagine being a kid that brought COVID home and then your family dying of it.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Speaking of the cops across the country who refuse to get vaccinated and thumb their nose at mandate’s, I say let the assholes quit. We do not need cops like this who would defy state ordered mandate’s and go as far as to tell others in law enforcement to disobey mandate’s. Cops are hired to protect and that protecting includes protecting the very people they are helping and interacting with. Like entering a building with an active shooter or entering a burning building to rescue a child.

Those same cops that are acting like assholes and making this political are the very same fucking cops who would defy our constitution and enable Donald Trump to overthrow the government. if it came down to another insurrection and Trump is winning, these cops would side with Trump and the overthrow. They need to quit if a simple vaccine scares them so, and they refuse to abide by orders to get vaccinated. Who needs them? Toss them all out on their Trump kissing ass and hire REAL COPS, not these wannabe insurrectionist.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Science fiction from Florida.
A Florida school says students who get vaxxed must stay home for 30 days due to unfounded claim that they'll infect others
Do any of these people in charge have a grasp of science beyond the second grade?

That’s the school run by anti-vaxxers that didn’t want staff to get vaccinated. They are Trumpland grifters.

I wonder out of whose ass was “30 days” pulled?. I’m guessing they asked themselves what was the longest period they could potentially get away with and settled on 30 days. The grift that keeps on grifting.

I don’t think we should mention this school without, again, posting this picture of its lovely grifter founders:

E0BB8upXMAEXGSE-283x300.jpeg

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
That’s the school run by anti-vaxxers that didn’t want staff to get vaccinated. They are Trumpland grifters.

I wonder out of whose ass was “30 days” pulled?. I’m guessing they asked themselves what was the longest period they could potentially get away with and settled on 30 days. The grift that keeps on grifting.

I don’t think we should mention this school without, again, posting this picture of its lovely grifter founders:

View attachment 51585
What whore house did they use as a set for that pic?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Speaking of the cops across the country who refuse to get vaccinated and thumb their nose at mandate’s, I say let the assholes quit. We do not need cops like this who would defy state ordered mandate’s and go as far as to tell others in law enforcement to disobey mandate’s. Cops are hired to protect and that protecting includes protecting the very people they are helping and interacting with. Like entering a building with an active shooter or entering a burning building to rescue a child.

Those same cops that are acting like assholes and making this political are the very same fucking cops who would defy our constitution and enable Donald Trump to overthrow the government. if it came down to another insurrection and Trump is winning, these cops would side with Trump and the overthrow. They need to quit if a simple vaccine scares them so, and they refuse to abide by orders to get vaccinated. Who needs them? Toss them all out on their Trump kissing ass and hire REAL COPS, not these wannabe insurrectionist.
Then turn around and empty their Glock into an innocent person because they reached for their phone or wallet, but the cop justifies it because he was "in fear for his life".

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Another unvaccinated dumbass conservative radio personality being a COVIDIOT. Unfortunately he will probably survive only because of Regeneron's synthetic monoclonal antibody that is still in the experimental stages and has only been approved for emergency use by the FDA.

A Florida father of six. I'll bet he wish he had gotten vaccinated now.
According to CNN, Robby used to work out at the gym and would run five miles each day. Now, as he recovers from his serious COVID case, he has scarred lungs and reduced breathing capacity. The outlet said that he lost over 50 lbs. while hospitalized and is only able to speak "in short, choppy sentences" before needing to take a breath.

"My lungs have gotten a little bit better, [but] my heart rate still races a little bit," Robby told CNN last week.

"I can walk by myself — somebody's there just kind of making sure I'm staying straight. But I use a roller/walker, and I'm able to walk a decent distance," he added. "I mean, I'm not going to the mall or going shopping. But I'm able to walk some now. So it's been a big improvement."

They left behind five orphaned children.
“He never smoked, never drank, didn’t do drugs, didn’t have diabetes, wasn’t overweight, was a heavy equipment operator, did a lot of highway work. He worked every day. He was always working, always outside, always doing something. Very active.”

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Not seen this one posted yet, WSU head football coach giving up on job with $3.2 million/yr salary, along with majority of his assistant coaches, rather than getting vaccinated.

• Haha
Reactions: SteveGrabowski

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Chicago PD force is ~65% vaccinated and the Mayor there has a decision to make.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Is there any government body that inspects private schools, to ensure they are actually meeting basic standards of teaching? Don't think I'd trust this one for teaching any kind of science.
It's Florida.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
In a perverse way, the police are essentially defunding themselves.

Yeah, but this almost feels like a long con. Here in Portland police response to about anything is "Sorry can't get there, no cops available" as if it's a feature and not a bug. Feels like a like a long con by departments to make people get so angry at the situation they start screaming for more police presence.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Another unvaccinated dumbass conservative radio personality being a COVIDIOT. Unfortunately he will probably survive only because of Regeneron's synthetic monoclonal antibody that is still in the experimental stages and has only been approved for emergency use by the FDA.

A Florida father of six. I'll bet he wish he had gotten vaccinated now.

They left behind five orphaned children.

So ... RWNJ Dennis Prager announces he has covid after hugging "THOUSANDS" to get it.

What an POS.... There's a good chance he is lying through his teeth. But there's also a damned good chance that he really is just that stupid. It’s a tough call.

Who knows how many "thousands" of people Prager sickened by hugging them?

Oh, and he might have given them COVID, too…

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Ted Cruz tried to lecture the government of Australia’s Northern Territory about vaccine mandates, and the Chief Minister of the Territory told him to fuck off.

“We don’t need your lectures, thanks mate,” the chief minister wrote. “Nearly 70,000 Texans have tragically died from COVID. There have been zero deaths in the Territory. Did you know that?... You know nothing about us. And if you stand against a life-saving vaccine, then you sure as hell don’t stand with Australia.” Gunner concluded: “I love Texas (go Longhorns), but when it comes to COVID, I’m glad we are nothing like you.”

Nice!

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Yeah, but this almost feels like a long con. Here in Portland police response to about anything is "Sorry can't get there, no cops available" as if it's a feature and not a bug. Feels like a like a long con by departments to make people get so angry at the situation they start screaming for more police presence.
Locally we are there, and it is not because of any vaccine mandate. Current department is staffed at less than 60% of normal levels. Cops are leaving the profession in large numbers. Calls are not being answered, and detectives are back in uniform and back in a patrol car. This means their focus are not investigating crimes that have happened, but just dealing with the shit as it comes in. The department has released a list of the types of calls they will not respond to, someone will call and take down the info.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
A few months back we had street racers shut down I5 on a bridge between two fucking states and shoot off fireworks and do donuts. That went on for an hour before police responded. They said they didn't have officers to deal with it.

At that point the gig was up. They want this. And are just relishing in it. It's not a byproduct. It's an intentional act to not respond.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Similar stuff is happening around here but it's actually swung around to a recognition that the cops aren't doing their jobs and that hiring tons more people who will also refuse to do their jobs is quite unlikely to fix anything. In Chicago specifically Republicans love to tout that the high crime areas want more police without noting that they want police who will actually DO something while not racially profiling them or gunning down a lot of folks.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Beau had a good video on this.
I think he's one hundred percent right. To be an officer and not want to protect yourself or your constituents with vaccination should immediately bring to question that officers judgment particularly when you look at the facts on officer deaths from covid and what their job entails.

Honestly I can't remember the last time where I found a police union on the right side of a story.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
I don't want to like your post, but I am replying to agree with you.
WTF are the parents doing here by leaving all these orphans? This is what these kids are going to remember. That their parents were covidiots.

I had a very dark thought. What if some of these kids grow up brainwashed and agrees with what the parents did? Our nation is screwed.