Covidiots thread

Page 131 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Seven time NBA all star Kyrie Irving indefinitely benched over refusal to be vaccinated.

The reason I mention this particular case is because this is the same imbecile who thinks the earth may be flat. Coincidence? I think not. This man seems perpetually befuddled by reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: esquared

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Seven time NBA all star Kyrie Irving indefinitely benched over refusal to be vaccinated.

The reason I mention this particular case is because this is the same imbecile who thinks the earth is flat. Coincidence? I think not. This man seems perpetually befuddled by reality.
In this case, it looks like he will be putting his own money down on the anti-science position... reportedly over $30 million salary lost if he sits the entire season for his anti-vax stance, or about $400k per game missed for not being vaccinated.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
In this case, it looks like he will be putting his own money down on the anti-science position... reportedly over $30 million salary lost if he sits the entire season for his anti-vax stance, or about $400k per game missed for not being vaccinated.

Which makes him an apparent true believer. I don't think it's politics in his case. He's just a gullible fool.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I have no doubt they will line up to take Merck's new covid pill even under an EUA. But the vaccine is just too new and unproven for these dip shits.
Oh definitely, although it seems like a lot of the anti-vaxxers have a change of heart about the vaccine once they get sick too, it's just that by then it's too late.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Which makes him an apparent true believer. I don't think it's politics in his case. He's just a gullible fool.
I mean the guy is/was unsure as to if the earth is round or not. We are not talking about a smart man here.

“I do research on both sides,” Irving said at the time. “I’m not against anyone that thinks the Earth is round. I’m not against anyone that thinks it’s flat. I just love hearing the debate.”

• Haha
Reactions: esquared

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I mean the guy is/was unsure as to if the earth is round or not. We are not talking about a smart man here.

Yes, a perfect example of why "doing your own research" (on crank internet/social media sites) is not really a good idea for everyone. Especially those incapable of thinking critically. Just because there are two sides to every issue doesn't mean the two sides have equal merit.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Yes, a perfect example of why "doing your own research" (on crank internet/social media sites) is not really a good idea for everyone. Especially those incapable of thinking critically. Just because there are two sides to every issue doesn't mean the two sides have equal merit.

The people least capable of critical thinking, are the same people that are most unable to recognize that deficit in themselves.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005

But, but, but...businesses are people too! And government needs to stop regulating private businesses!

And you need to respect my right to my body! Unless you have a baby in which case you can't have an abortion! Just because it's your body doesn't mean you have a right to an abortion! Even if that baby was the product of rape, or it would be a bad situation for you medically, or cause you hardship.

Every time I hear about the abortion ban, my mind goes back to a close relative of mine. The wife and husband both have a recessive gene, which they were unaware of. Their first born died soon after because they both passed on the recessive gene. It was heart breaking being with them, and both were depressed for a long time afterwards. While they now have two healthy and beautiful children, they did have to abort on another child because it too had the defective gene.

And I'm sure there are countless others who is carrying a baby that came about due to abuse or rape. Or perhaps the woman's financial situation is such that they cannot afford to have the baby, so they don't want to bring a child into the world, only to give it up for adoption and not know if the child went to a loving home or not.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
But, but, but...businesses are people too! And government needs to stop regulating private businesses!

And you need to respect my right to my body! Unless you have a baby in which case you can't have an abortion! Just because it's your body doesn't mean you have a right to an abortion! Even if that baby was the product of rape, or it would be a bad situation for you medically, or cause you hardship.

Every time I hear about the abortion ban, my mind goes back to a close relative of mine. The wife and husband both have a recessive gene, which they were unaware of. Their first born died soon after because they both passed on the recessive gene. It was heart breaking being with them, and both were depressed for a long time afterwards. While they now have two healthy and beautiful children, they did have to abort on another child because it too had the defective gene.

And I'm sure there are countless others who is carrying a baby that came about due to abuse or rape. Or perhaps the woman's financial situation is such that they cannot afford to have the baby, so they don't want to bring a child into the world, only to give it up for adoption and not know if the child went to a loving home or not.

Gubmit in Texas is been getting awfully big lately.

Ban this, law says you can't do that.
High taxes, shitty infrastructure.

They are like the anti-California.

We should start a countdown on how long until they ban electric leaf blowers.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Kyrie Irving is not losing his entire salary; he's set to earn nearly $20M to do nothing useful for his employer. Great gig if you can get it. On the one hand, he's a massive idiot for his anti-science stances. OTOH I have to give him some credit for putting his money where his mouth is. All other NBAers caved (with rare exception), but he's a die-hard (pun intended).

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I feel for who ever ends up with the kids, if they are raised by other family members. I feel for the kids... but part of me wonders if they were a priority in the first place. Not only were the parents stupid, but also selfish, risking their kids well-being for what, to exercise their freeDUMBs?

In addition to proving that the Darwin effect is doing well, they are the canary in the coal mine of society...

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Just read about two parents in their forties dying just weeks apart from Covid, didn't take the shot even though family urged them to.

Left behind 4 kids.

Apparently close to 175,000 American children lost a parent to COVID. That’s 1 in every 500 kids under 18 dealing with the trauma of losing a parent suddenly. Sickening.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Apparently close to 175,000 American children lost a parent to COVID. That’s 1 in every 500 kids under 18 dealing with the trauma of losing a parent suddenly. Sickening.
I don't want to like your post, but I am replying to agree with you.
WTF are the parents doing here by leaving all these orphans? This is what these kids are going to remember. That their parents were covidiots.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
WTF are the parents doing here by leaving all these orphans? This is what these kids are going to remember. That their parents were covidiots.

Parents too tanked on fake news and Facebook.

How much of the death count does Murdoch and Zuckerberg own?

It's
All this and more: https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

I read it until I near puked.

Didn't find this couple on there.

Lots of other stories like it. So many orphaned kids...

Here's a fucked up one:
https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/pos...h-in-healthcare-anti-vaxx-and-dead-from-covid

Guy was a serial abuser, cheater and fraudster in addition to being an anti-vax nutjob.

Basically abused this woman and killed her with his stupidity.

Orphaned kid is left to fight for scraps with the all the previous kids from his other wives/baby mamas.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Science fiction from Florida.
A Florida school says students who get vaxxed must stay home for 30 days due to unfounded claim that they'll infect others
Do any of these people in charge have a grasp of science beyond the second grade?

Is there any government body that inspects private schools, to ensure they are actually meeting basic standards of teaching? Don't think I'd trust this one for teaching any kind of science.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Is there any government body that inspects private schools, to ensure they are actually meeting basic standards of teaching? Don't think I'd trust this one for teaching any kind of science.
Nope because that is exactly how the religious right wants it to be.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
The real tragedy is when the child brought COVID home from school, and now that child blames themselves for their parents' death.

bz3xdkH.jpeg