Covidiots thread

Page 80 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Triple vaccinated Texas man test positive for COVID takes expensive experimental antibody treatment - feeling fine

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I fucking hate this timeline. Can we just switch over to one where retarded people cannot make choices for others?

You want a bad timeline. My wife's sister is 37, autistic, has the mental capacity of around a 12 year old. She's also morbidly obese and her parents are her guardian. My wife asked if they got her sister vaccinated and their answer was "Well that's really up to her".

My wife is a health care worker and was fucking livid. You are her legal custodians and she doesn't have the capacity to make some of those decisions let alone schedule the appointments and drive there.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
a healthcare system near me had 197 Covid patients admitted in their hospitals, and *1* was fully vaccinated.
In another different area, it was less dramatic at 76 and 4.
Just confirming what we already knew, the vaccines keep you from getting seriously ill, for the most part.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
WTF indeed. Like they consider themselves the sane ones. And you could see all the covid particles gushing out from his mouth.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
This is how a doctor in Alabama is treating the covidiots.

An Alabama doctor is reportedly refusing to treat unvaccinated patients, tells them to get COVID shot because he 'can't watch them die'

I wonder if one of these covidiots will sue him.
Others (3) have taken him up on it and asked where they can get the vaccine.
"Valentine said on Facebook that since he shared his new policy, three people have reached
out to inquire about where they can get a COVID vaccine, according to AL.com, "

Reactions: DarthKyrie

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
The biggest fucking "covidiot" and grifter of all time says:

“That sounds to me like a money-making operation for Pfizer,” Trump said. “Think of the money involved. A booster shot, that’s tens of billions of dollars. How good of business is that? If you’re a businessman, you say, ‘You know what? Let’s give them another shot.’ That’s another $10 billion of money coming in. The whole thing is just crazy.”

He also once again showed that he doesn’t really understand the concept of evolving guidance based on new information.

“You wouldn’t think you would need a booster,” Trump said. “When these first came out, they were good for life. Then they were good for a year or two. And I could see the writing on the wall, I could see the dollar signs in their eyes.”

That statement went off the rails by including the words “understand” and “concept” in any statement about the this traitor.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and pmv

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
When science is your God everything else looks stupid

"Science" describes a method of determining truth. It doesn't require belief in it to exist. The natural laws that we discover through the well-hewn processes described by "doing things with science," exist without our understanding or acceptance of them.

That's the beauty of it. I get it though: you can only trust things that self-referentially legitimize themselves, because they say so, and because the "right people" are subjugated in the process of such belief in your system. That's really what you're about.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Self-scanning while you shop is the best thing to ever happen to shopping. Now they just need to limit a few self-checkout terminals to self-scanners only. Most people simply cannot handle self-checkout. Make them sit in the corner and scan for an hour and only then are they allowed to the POS machine.

this is one of the reasons I hate MD. Most stores are now 90% self checkout, the cashier lanes are 90% empty with only 1-2 of them ever open at any time, anywhere. And even so, you got people with their full-fucking carts crowding the hand basket-sized self checkout area, essentially taking up two spots each. The lines are endless. People are slow and too fucking stupid to check themselves out. The scanners suck. You also have to wait for an attendant to approve many items. Of course, if you go to the cashier lane, most of them don't know how to scan items either. They don't know the codes for the produce.

...this is the first part of the country where I've lived that no one knows how to do this job. This is the "Standard" big grocery store chains. Now, I primarily go to the smaller international grocery stores (their produce is about 500% better, anyway, and way cheaper), because those cashiers know what the fuck they are doing. They know the codes, to everything, by heart. They do their jobs. And they're pleasant. In and out super fast.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
The biggest fucking "covidiot" and grifter of all time says:

“That sounds to me like a money-making operation for Pfizer,” Trump said. “Think of the money involved. A booster shot, that’s tens of billions of dollars. How good of business is that? If you’re a businessman, you say, ‘You know what? Let’s give them another shot.’ That’s another $10 billion of money coming in. The whole thing is just crazy.”

He also once again showed that he doesn’t really understand the concept of evolving guidance based on new information.

“You wouldn’t think you would need a booster,” Trump said. “When these first came out, they were good for life. Then they were good for a year or two. And I could see the writing on the wall, I could see the dollar signs in their eyes.”

That statement went off the rails by including the words “understand” and “concept” in any statement about the this traitor.
Any wagers if he will get his booster? Of course in private and without any announcement.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
What could be different?
View attachment 49059
Needs to be deaths per 100k or 1M to normalize to population. The bar density of the FL graph relative to the peak is obviously higher, but the scales on the two graphs are different, which can be misleading.
If I made the top of the scale 100M, I'd make CA (or FL) look like it had 0 deaths.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Sooner or later some insane righty antivaxxer is going to assault the really wrong person and receive a rapid lead injection.

Conservatives aren't going to know what to do with that one.
oh they will have the song and dance about how that was tragic and blame crt or some other stupid thing, all they know how to do is deflect

Reactions: DarthKyrie