Covidiots thread

Page 73 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Here's one of the "dirty dozen" misinformation spreaders.
Too chickenshit to talk to a reporter. Shows Randi Kaye of CNN
trying to get mercola to talk but he jumps back on his bike and rides away.

CNN airs hot pursuit for Florida doctor accused of spreading COVID-19 misinformation

but he replies to the CNN email account with this.
"The segment continued with Kaye noting her team got a response from Mercola via email, including the message:
"I encourage every person to fully educate themselves to make individual decisions about medical risk-taking." "

efffing douchecanoe anti-vaxxer

Vaccinations

Mercola has been highly critical of vaccines and vaccination policy, claiming that too many vaccines are given too soon during infancy. He hosts anti-vaccination activists on his website, advocates other measures rather than vaccination in many cases such as using vitamin D rather than a flu shot despite the data not being conclusive[3][25] and strongly criticizes influenza vaccines. Mercola is viewed by many as an anti-vaccine propagandist.[26] As of 2019, he has donated at least $4 million to anti-vaccine groups though his Natural Health Research Foundation, including more than $2.9 million to the anti-vaccination group the National Vaccine Information Center, amounting to about 40 percent of that organization's funding.[3] He co-funded an anti-vaccination ad in Times Square in 2011.[26]

Mercola has asserted that thimerosal, a vaccine preservative, is harmful due to its mercury content.[27] Thimerosal has been removed from most vaccines given to young children in the U.S., with no effect on rates of autism diagnosis.[28][29] Extensive evidence has accumulated since 1999 showing that this preservative is safe,[30] with the World Health Organization stating in 2006 that "there is no evidence of toxicity in infants, children or adults exposed to thimerosal in vaccines."[30][31]

In March 2021, an analysis of Twitter and Facebook anti-vaccine content found Mercola's to be one of 12 individual and organization accounts producing up to 65% of all anti-vaccine content on the platforms.[10] As of June 2021, his various social media channels accounted for a total audience exceeding 4.1 million followers

If anyone deserves to get Covid it's Mercola. He makes millions selling fake cures to multiple health issues, including Covid.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Some maskholes go above and beyond in their assholery.

From the article:

The injured man told officers that when he demanded to know why he was attacked, the unmasked man responded, “You’re on the other team.”

Trump’s America.

• Wow
Reactions: KMFJD and hal2kilo

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I don't trust people that hate their job to pick out my groceries.

When self-checkout came in everyone was against it. Now I prefer it. I don't want more people than necessary to touch my stuff, so I'll gladly check myself out. And beginning in October I plan on wearing a mask whenever shopping regardless of the level of covid. Covid aside, I don want to catch the seasonal crap from those scumbag shoppers. Some of those scumbags can spread the nastiest of colds and flu.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
When self-checkout came in everyone was against it. Now I prefer it. I don't want more people than necessary to touch my stuff, so I'll gladly check myself out. And beginning in October I plan on wearing a mask whenever shopping regardless of the level of covid. Covid aside, I don want to catch the seasonal crap from those scumbag shoppers. Some of those scumbags can spread the nastiest of colds and flu.
Self-scanning while you shop is the best thing to ever happen to shopping. Now they just need to limit a few self-checkout terminals to self-scanners only. Most people simply cannot handle self-checkout. Make them sit in the corner and scan for an hour and only then are they allowed to the POS machine.

Motostu

Oct 5, 2020
Self-scanning while you shop is the best thing to ever happen to shopping. Now they just need to limit a few self-checkout terminals to self-scanners only. Most people simply cannot handle self-checkout. Make them sit in the corner and scan for an hour and only then are they allowed to the POS machine.
This is why I really love the Sam's club app (yes, I shop there :p). I can scan things with my phone as I put them in my cart, swipe to pay when I'm done, and never have to go to any register (self checkout or otherwise).

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Yeah, except at my local Rite-Aid where the damn things lock up and need to be rebooted :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: DarthKyrie

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
So you're that asshole who is stopping me from buying my 2 items in self checkout while you scan a fucking shopping cart full of groceries.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

don't you hate it when the Onion becomes real
I don't know if the Onion can actually create anything that doesn't make every rational person pause and think "probably just a Trump supporter".

Reality - top this Onion!
  • People are wearing disguises to get vaccinated so friend and family don't know.
  • People about to be intubated are screaming, you can intubate me because I don't have COVID.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
A little update on the English (?) anti-mask nutter in Singapore that thinks he can get away with not wearing masks

My favorites:

- He added that he understood the law "better than anyone you've ever dealt with before" and demanded to be released and sent back to England with his family, "and let's not have a big fuss and scene over this".
- He asked if the prosecutor had seen his "sovereign ID", adding that he felt like "a PhD law lecturer dealing with a GCE law student".
- "I hid in the bathroom and I said - I do not consent, I do not comply. They dragged me out of the shower and handcuffed me. I asked them what crime am I accused of committing. Silence," Glynn continued.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Zorba

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
This is why I really love the Sam's club app (yes, I shop there :p). I can scan things with my phone as I put them in my cart, swipe to pay when I'm done, and never have to go to any register (self checkout or otherwise).

If only using the app would allow you to avoid the exit scan as well.