Covidiots thread

Page 69 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
The vaxx is 100% safe and effectice guys. Don't worry about those Texas lawmakers getting it while vaccinated or the NY Yankees players getting it. Ignore those cases. It's just simply safe and effective. Ban anyone who says otherwise! The vaxx is the only solution to this problem. Science says it's true. Big corporations say it's true. Big pharma talking heads say it's true. Sean Hannity says it's true. We don't need to look for any other alternative.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The vaxx is 100% safe and effectice guys. Don't worry about those Texas lawmakers getting it while vaccinated or the NY Yankees players getting it. Ignore those cases. It's just simply safe and effective. Ban anyone who says otherwise! The vaxx is the only solution to this problem. Science says it's true. Big corporations say it's true. Big pharma talking heads say it's true. Sean Hannity says it's true. We don't need to look for any other alternative.
Yes you are right that the vaccine is the answer. Thanks for reminding us that people saying otherwise are stupid or insane.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Um Yes?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

What alternative would you suggest?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Are you drinking?

There just seems to a greater amount of spelling errors, attitude, general topical/historical ignorance than usual in your recent posts. Why should people care what Texas lawmakers or Sean Hannity think about covid?

Ban anti-vax hysteria during a pandemic? Just cancel it like CRT? How about we just stop trying to refute science, ditto for playing dumb/selfish regarding the concept of contagion. Think that might help?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pohemi

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Yeah, it is truly sad just how ignorant "some" of America can be. About 50% of that America. F... them, I say if they want to die, let them die. Let them die for Donald Trump just like the members of The Peoples Temple died for Jim Jones. And realistically, that is exactly where we are in this pandemic, where the messiah Trump has now demanded his people die for him.

jonestown_pics_with_plaque1_e1.jpg

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

I don't think head in ass is a viable alternative, but I guess it gets a mask on your face

Feb 4, 2009
Florida is such a strange State. Contrasting Florida 57% one does or greater to Massachusetts 72% one dose or greater the differences are startling what’s more startling is Floridians appear to give zero fucks, barely a bump in vaccinations.
Keeping the math simple FL has about 3x the population of MA.
B434DA98-117B-4CA5-9CDF-937F3E8FE4E7.png
B9D334CD-6011-43B8-887E-4D5603F1EFAA.png
Expand MA population by 3x and there would be 12 COVID deaths daily, FL has 39
Expand MA population by 3x there would be 400-ish hospitalized, FL has 5,800 plus
ICU 3x MA would be around 100, FL has greater than 1,200.
Massachusetts has no Covid restrictions since beginning of July.
I am amazed someone who isn’t vaccinated in Florida still chooses not to be vaccinated.

Data source:

Also pretty amazing what a small difference in vaccination rate can make. Science is strange like that.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
gotta be honest, looks and seems like a young person thing. If I were in my 20s I would go assuming I wasn’t caring for someone at risk. COVID isn’t a large enough risk for me to sacrifice meeting some girls if I were in my 20s.

except this dude they found I guess

“Now people are getting vaccinated and mysteriously you can take the average scanner and scan your arm,” Kenny Hubbard, a Backwater Jack’s customer says in a Southern drawl. He contends the virus was purposely released by the government as a form of “ethnic cleansing.” None of this is true.

Hubbard, a gregarious 57-year-old who is a regular here, pulls up a chair to the bar to explain that what’s “really happening will blow your mind.” As he talks, he wraps his arm around his wife, who is wearing a blue bikini, of which he frequently comments. The two had just spent the afternoon on their motorboat, tearing through the scenic waterways and coves that lure so many to this destination. Asked what proof he had of his claims, he clicked his tongue twice. “I can’t give away everything, baby.”

Feb 4, 2009
except this dude they found I guess

yeah....he’s a Covidiot
BTW see above, there was no time in my life I was afraid of needles and I fear many of the non fax people are really just afraid of needles. I absolutely would be vaccinated by now assuming I was in my 20s. I probably would have waited a bit more to give the people who absolutely needed a vaccination a chance to get it but by early July I would have definitely gotten it.
Amazing that the data is right in front of them but the morons cling to something weird and generally unprovable. Per the Data above less vaccinated area has 13 to 15 times the hospitalizations. That is crazy.
Also I can understand the people who recovered from it choosing not to vaccinate at least in the short term like 6 to 9 months post recovery. I don’t think it is the right thing but it isn’t completely irresponsible either.

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
MAGAT owned diner in Huntington beach won't serve vaccinated people

Just pure, empty, absence-of-virtue signalling (vice-signalling?). How do they expect anyone to be able to 'prove' they haven't been vaccinated? If they were to actually do this for real they'd basically be saying 'we won't serve anyone', i.e. closing down.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
MAGAT owned diner in Huntington beach won't serve vaccinated people

Talk about passing the purity test, he's saying he wants his business to fail. His client base will dwindle. I mean, the statement is SO stupid, I wouldn't go there simply because the guy is so dumb he can't be trusted with food.

Feb 4, 2009

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

What is it with right-wingers and the 'passive aggressive snark' voice? You lot do it all the time, it's your primary mode of discourse, from what I see.

I have to assume it's because it means you don't have to make any definitive straight-forward statements of what you actually think, and thus makes it hard for anyone to engage with you, thus meaning you never have to defend your positions (because you know you can't).